Checking for shaved bats

calntheplay

The Veteran
I agree with this assessment. There needs to be some sort of testing created that has the ability to check for shaved/altered bats (without altering the bat) for those altered bats that are clearing compression tests.

For the record, I hate cheaters. If I found out one of my friends was cheating, and new about it, I'd lose a ton of respect for that friend. Unfortunately, the cheaters will always find ways to cheat the system. Fortunately with the newer low compression balls are supposed to help eliminate the advantages and dangers shaved/altered bats pose. I don't know the effectiveness of these low compression balls, but at least the amount of 'serous injuries' to the head have gone down from what I've heard, seen, and read.

OldguyinHavasu

Addicted to Softballfans
weigh the bat, that will tell you if its shaved, unless the perp shaved the barrel, then added an endload to the cap, similar to what Combat does to their caps, glue in some 5/16 hex nuts, lol.

rejones28

Phat Daddy!
shaved bats are for candy ass pansy bitches!!!!! but cheaters are always gonna find a way to cheat whether it is swinging dirty sticks or re-wrapping balls.

spos21ram

The Legend
I run a USSSA league and if I ever conducted bat tests without the owner present I would have no leg to stand on. How can a league tests bats and no one knows how they are testing them?

-Six-

Weiner
grab the bat right in the middle and squeeze. if the end cap pops off its probably cut. Or not.

cyoung187

Coach
That's awesome that some guy gets to be labeled a cheater every time he goes out to the park based on nothing at all. Great job LD.

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
weigh the bat, that will tell you if its shaved, unless the perp shaved the barrel, then added an endload to the cap, similar to what Combat does to their caps, glue in some 5/16 hex nuts, lol.

Lol weighing the bat?
mikens regularly come in at 1-1/2oz heavy STOCK.
Had a 27 balanced recoil weigh in at 28.5 with a tennis grip right out of the wrapper, so your theory is very flawed.
A lot of demarini have been known to come in under sticker weight.