Chicago Area Softballers - Spring/Summer Thread

Redsvt00

Addicted to dumping loads
Hopefully not......but then again, it took 5-6 years and the addition of thousands of bags of turface to get it to that point. If we took away all the turface we added (which raised the field 3-4") then the hole would have been minimal, AND you would have discovered that there were actually turf mats under the batters box to prevent digging in......to bad they don't prevent building up everything BUT the batter's box.

how am i gonna dig out repeatedly then build my mound to push off of like rusty b taught me in his hitting videos?

Redsvt00

i also found out my asending testicle was actually asending on the wrong side. got that fixed too, it was throwing my weight transfer of my swing off

T-Bone 300+

ULTIMATE FILL IN
Hopefully not......but then again, it took 5-6 years and the addition of thousands of bags of turface to get it to that point. If we took away all the turface we added (which raised the field 3-4") then the hole would have been minimal, AND you would have discovered that there were actually turf mats under the batters box to prevent digging in......to bad they don't prevent building up everything BUT the batter's box.

i was aware of the turf mats....

GSFec

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone got a 12" team in the west or northwest suburbs that needs a guy? I'm down to play any day of the week.

smalls04

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys... moved to Algonquin, IL from Houston about 3 yrs ago, thinking I want to get back into 12" softball next year... only been messing around with a little 14" co-ed mushball (a complete joke). Close to Lippold in Crystal Lake... leagues any decent up there? Will probably play league for a year and see if I want to get back into tourney (played C/D ball in the past, but probably a D or very solid E player now.. will be 40 in May).

What is the best way to find a team? Used to be you could just show up and pick up for someone that was short a guy... that work? Or should I contact the park and get on a list? thx

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
What is the best way to find a team? Used to be you could just show up and pick up for someone that was short a guy... that work? Or should I contact the park and get on a list? thx
Do both of the above and keep checking in on this Chicago thread. There's some guys that play up in the Crystal Lake area on the board here and you should be able to pick up some games. How close are you to Arlington Heights?
Lots of action up there to pick up on a team at Melas.

mudawg

platinum *****
Hey guys... moved to Algonquin, IL from Houston about 3 yrs ago, thinking I want to get back into 12" softball next year... only been messing around with a little 14" co-ed mushball (a complete joke). Close to Lippold in Crystal Lake... leagues any decent up there? Will probably play league for a year and see if I want to get back into tourney (played C/D ball in the past, but probably a D or very solid E player now.. will be 40 in May).

I can probably hook you up with a team in crystal lake

smalls04

Addicted to Softballfans
cool, thanks guys. Will probably go check out Crystal Lake, but Arl Heights in not that far.. about 35 minutes. I'll keep an eye on here as well

JP6

PiehouseSix.com is here.
cool, thanks guys. Will probably go check out Crystal Lake, but Arl Heights in not that far.. about 35 minutes. I'll keep an eye on here as well

AH and CL are both great facilities to play... Buffalo Grove is also nice.

Fall leagues are starting at Melas and BG next week or so... a lot of the guys in here play at one (or all three) of the locations.

Redsvt00

im looking at the reissue green mayhem...anyone get one? is it really that much different than the og? i need a singles bat :rolleyes: