Chip Kelly to Philly

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
seriously....WTF ?!? i thought we were past this and was looking forward to Bradley or billick. i see this being a 3 year plan that ends in fail :(

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
trolling the **** out of everyone still

at the presser when someone asked why he changed his mind, he should just be "you mad bro".

**** now i think there a legit shot that vick may actually be the qb of this team next year :eek:

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
Billick would be a bigger disaster have you heard the dumb **** he says when he calls games?

3XC

Big Truss
Billick is a known commodity, but Kelly is not. I'd think the fans would be happy here. Fickle Philadelphia isn't a great place to coach but they have a good owner and some pieces in place. I think he'll do fine.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
Billick would be a bigger disaster have you heard the dumb **** he says when he calls games?

who gives a ****? as a commentator it's his job to say stupid **** to try and keep viewers entertained. i bet you believe that everything a waitress says to you is their fundamental belief and they're not just saying it cause it's their job :rolleyes:

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
Billick is a known commodity, but Kelly is not. I'd think the fans would be happy here. Fickle Philadelphia isn't a great place to coach but they have a good owner and some pieces in place. I think he'll do fine.

i like that lurie is making a bold choice cause he thinks it's the right move. i'm just very apprehensive that he can adjust enough and not having a qb (or even a clear cut choice they can take w/ the 4 pick) that can run the zone read has me nervous for their future. vick may actually do alright but he's not durable enough to last. the team is young and they have speed so hopefully i'm wrong and he does succeed.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
just thought of something...does anyone think there's a legit chance that tebow is the qb of the eagles next year?!? even if they drafted someone like geno, they may still try to renegotiate vicks contract. if he's not willing, i wonder if they try to bring in tebow.

bradblah

Weeeeee
Offense will be fine.....the real worry will be in finding a good D coordinator.

Defense wins baby!

does it?

38-35
45-31
41-28
30-28

i think the defense wins championships idea has gone by the wayside.

i still would like them to bring in a proven commodity as a D coordinator though.

bradblah

Weeeeee
just thought of something...does anyone think there's a legit chance that tebow is the qb of the eagles next year?!? even if they drafted someone like geno, they may still try to renegotiate vicks contract. if he's not willing, i wonder if they try to bring in tebow.

vick is done. lurie doesn't like him, he was an andy guy. i don't think a chance in hell of tebow.

apparently kelly likes foles, he's spoken highly of him in the past.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
vick is done. lurie doesn't like him, he was an andy guy. i don't think a chance in hell of tebow.

apparently kelly likes foles, he's spoken highly of him in the past.

i know he saw him playing at Arizona but dude looks like a newborn giraffe running around out there. can't see him running that read option at a high level. i think i would be more comfortable w/ geno smith than foles. i just don't think smith is worth a top 5 pick.

bradblah

Weeeeee
i know he saw him playing at Arizona but dude looks like a newborn giraffe running around out there. can't see him running that read option at a high level. i think i would be more comfortable w/ geno smith than foles. i just don't think smith is worth a top 5 pick.

hahaha the newborn giraffe is how i always refer to dom brown tracking a fly ball.

i don't think they'd run much of a read option as foles really isn't an 'option' to run. i could see them using a lot of playaction and using 2 TE sets with that offense instead.

i dont think smith is a top 5 either but there are rumors of him going to KC ahead of the eagles anyway.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah defense does not win championships any more. It was all eli and he out dueled tom twice in those shootouts. Oh and the sec has won 7 straight because they play sorry defense and score a ton of points.

This past weekend is not an indication of a permanent shift in the order of winning football. Defense does not mean 9-6 games any longer but it is still a good indication of who has the best chance come playoff time imo.

3XC

Big Truss
Yeah defense does not win championships any more. It was all eli and he out dueled tom twice in those shootouts. Oh and the sec has won 7 straight because they play sorry defense and score a ton of points.

This past weekend is not an indication of a permanent shift in the order of winning football. Defense does not mean 9-6 games any longer but it is still a good indication of who has the best chance come playoff time imo.

Absent two terrible special teams lapses, Baltimore held the mighty Peyton Manning to 3 touchdown drives in 5 quarters of football.

Defense does matter. Turnovers and sacks matter a lot. Scoring is up by design, since any and all contact with a receiver is a penalty now, obviously passing stats will get gonzo. And they have. Middling QBs and rookies throw for 4000 yards now. 4000 yards in the 90s was incredible. Now its considered pretty good. 5000 yards was unthinkable. Every 5000 yard season save one happened in the last 3 years.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's talking about NFL. College is all about who has the most NFL talent on their rosters and it's a lot easier to hone the skills of a defensive player into a NFL caliber player than an offensive player.

halter91

Iam91
seriously....WTF ?!? i thought we were past this and was looking forward to Bradley or billick. i see this being a 3 year plan that ends in fail :(

I sure hope so. I think he's a got a 50/50 shot. Some coaches are doing well, Harbaugh and Carroll, others not so much....Saban and Spurrier. Those were very dark days for the Redskins. :eek:

bradblah

Weeeeee
obviously defense is still important, but winning with a so-so offense and a shutdown defense just doesn't happen anymore. all of the top tier teams have dynamic offenses...you're not putting up points, you're not going to hang with any of these teams.

before the hou/cin game this year, the last time there was a playoff game where neither team scored 20 or more points was the wildcard round 2010. the winning team in the playoffs this year averaged 31pts/game.... 2011 - 30 pts/game. 2010 - 30 pts/game. 2009 - 32pts/game.