Cl22 2015

JPG

Lefty
Have they fixed the paint issue on the new CL22 yet? I am tired of wasting my money.

Been swinging Demarini for years and recently just went to miken because they are killing my pockets by sending me defects and then sending me NR bats back.

dothedew23

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately no. I have 3 friends that have the paint crack on each of theirs with very minimal swings

leftcenter01

on the down slope
My 2013(grey) cl22 had a paint crack in 25 hits but its return has atleast 400 and no signs of any paint cracks at all. I think it is just hit and miss with them after that first batch.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
27oz CL22 600-700 only with 44/400s
26oz CL22 1000+ only with 44/400s
27oz or 26oz cant remember Juggy 1000+ only w 44/400s
28oz One 500-600 swings mix of 44/400s and 52/300s
27oz One 3000+ swings mix of 44/400s and 52/300s

All of these were brand new and used for Bat Provided tourneys down here in Socal... mix of WSL (44/400) and ASA (52/300). Ones have been used in 3 tourneys now, CL22, Juggys have been in 1 WSL tourney that used 44/400s. Havent had a paint crack on any of them. Im not saying go swing all these bats with 44/400s balls, but these bats have held up just fine.

2wegays.jpg

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
Played a softball nation tournament this past weekend and we hit 44/400's... They allowed pretty much any bat so we used Juggy's, AM's and my 27oz CL22 and not one issue... The Headbangers also were swinging the new line as well and didn't have any issues either...

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
Was in korea this past weekend playing with 44/525 and dudes were hitting with all of the new line. Blew my mind to know that not a single aftermath blew. Damn things sounded nasty hitting those balls. Only bat i saw break was a triad. Makes me think some of these broken bats are due to hittin cinderblocks and **** lol!!!

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
how big were the dudes in korea? I ask because I seem to have no problems hitting stadium balls with senior bats, or anything else. there's a lot of variables, and if you take away one of them, you can definitely get away with a lot more 'abuse' than you'd think.

if you don't swing hard, then hard balls and fragile bats don't really matter.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
Well im 6'4" 280lbs and wasnt the biggest dude there. Was a military tourney with a lot of All Armed Forces guys in it. Not a lot of guys got cheated. Was also an unlimited home run tourney. So your theory is not in play for this time lol. Usually i would agree but the weather was from the 60 to 90s. I took extra bats just in case. Now my Future is on a whole new level that i didnt think was possible. Murders everything. This is just my .02. Ive broke plenty of bats in my time. Have just been very impressed as of recently. But I do swing heavier bats myself.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Well im 6'4" 280lbs and wasnt the biggest dude there. Was a military tourney with a lot of All Armed Forces guys in it. Not a lot of guys got cheated. Was also an unlimited home run tourney. So your theory is not in play for this time lol. Usually i would agree but the weather was from the 60 to 90s. I took extra bats just in case. Now my Future is on a whole new level that i didnt think was possible. Murders everything. This is just my .02. Ive broke plenty of bats in my time. Have just been very impressed as of recently. But I do swing heavier bats myself.

nope, sure doesn't sound like it, haha

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Well mainly 26's and 27's have all the issues with paint cracks so most likely those claiming great durability are swinging 28's and 30's.

My CL just got a paint crack after 2000 hits.
Juggy has 2000 as well with no issues.
ONE has 3000 hits with no paint crack.
Mercy and Flipper don't have many hits on them. Maybe a few hundred but no issues.

They're all 26s and Ive had them since February and used a mix of 44s and 52s. They were used for one day in 50 degree weather and everything else was indoors or 65+ degrees.

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
my 27 got a paint crack as did my 28. in fact, my 28 got a paint crack much faster than the 27. i'm good with it though. I don't BP bats once i am satisfied with their performance. i've got BP bats.

come to think of it, my FU, 2.1 are catching up to my CL22......time for a new toy!!!! got a CL22 Pinky on the way

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Was in korea this past weekend playing with 44/525 and dudes were hitting with all of the new line. Blew my mind to know that not a single aftermath blew. Damn things sounded nasty hitting those balls. Only bat i saw break was a triad. Makes me think some of these broken bats are due to hittin cinderblocks and **** lol!!!

Who were you playing with? I played with Osan. DeMarini was all over the place!

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
The paint issue is real. Just because a bat here or there does not have it doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist. Think about a car recall. Does it mean every vehicle that year has the issue? No not all the time. But there is enough issue to warrant a recall. For those individuals claiming the bat doesn't have an issue, stop! You have seen enough evidence to prove there is an issue. Admit it. Get off of demarinis perverbial nut$ and admit to the problem. Idiots like you are the reason demarini isn't fixing it.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
Haters gonna hate lol. No one said it wasn't an issue. Just the lucky ones that haven't had the issues.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
There is definitely an issue. It is a lil surprising how people have just come to excepted it. I'm just lucky that the issues aren't as big with the heavier weights.

Brackett

Getting to old for this
yeah its hit or miss with the black cl22 1st one paint cracked with 5 swings i pulled the layers back and pealed it off bat still hits great but iam going to send it back june 2, i got 2 others used from people with zero issues and few 100 swings on them so idk..
but we get demarinis pretty cheap here so the pockets dont get hurt to bad paying 220 or less for almost any bat out

Brackett

Getting to old for this
pkc31887 and i know few guys that played with Scraps that play in Va with us, all worth team..

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
Is the paint issue real? Yeah it is for some... But I've had and seen at least enough DeMars in the last 2 year's and the percentage of those with paint cracks is small to say the least... Unless we're talking about the J3A which at some point they all get it... I mean I still have my original CL22 from last year with over 2000 hits and no paint issues... Now compression is a different story as it tested @ 170 last weekend so I didn't use it with those rocks we were hitting... But like every other company there is an issue but it's not every bit like people try and make it out to be...

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
My CL has over 1k hits and after the magic eraser....looks new. Zero issues. My new lines all have lasted! My future is over 2k and still going strong. I saw a true one yesterday with a claimed 2k and it looked like hell but was crack free! And hit nice too. The other bats I see go bad are AMs! I'm done with them...either crack or fail compression within 250!