CL22 ASA (cluggy)

BT802

The Veteran
Mine has around 500 swings on only .52/.300 and I'm still on the fence. I've hit some decent shots with it but I'm still not 100% sold, I call BS on the barrel being the same as the J3. I've been thinking about tossing it up for trade for another J3, it just feels quite a bit stiffer to me.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like the hype on these may not be for real.Many more negative comments than positive. May just be to early to have a true verdict.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I think that if you like the J3A and 2014 Juggy this bat I'd gonna feel too stiff for you until well broken in. I won't have the handle flex so till the barrel compresses its gonna feel stuff. Anyone w a Flipper/Aftermath that has hit a Cluggy much should have a better take on the bats feel. Just my two cents......

Last edited:

cronker7

Addicted to Softballfans
Took mine out this past weekend. Couldn't wait to get out and swing it. After we put at least 200 swings on it still no noticeable difference from the first set of swings. It did start to spider up towards the end. Definitely not giving up on it though. Picked up our J3A with 1000+ swings to get some good rips in and boy is it a ROCKET launcher. Will be tough to ever compare to this thing but hopefully its on the way.

SPY

Banned User
I have 500 +/- hit on mine mainly with the .52 and took about 100-150 to wake up and now it hits lazers and drops bombs. I have also hit with .44 and bat is stupid with those balls just pissing fire.

azsoftball

Whatever
I have 500 +/- hit on mine mainly with the .52 and took about 100-150 to wake up and now it hits lazers and drops bombs. I have also hit with .44 and bat is stupid with those balls just pissing fire.

And no sign of crack? How many hits so far?

BT802

The Veteran
The durability seems to be really good, thats the only thing making me hang on to it really. I've considered selling it to pick up a Juggy as I prefer the feel of my J3A but I'm not sure how durable it is, I don't want two bats that aren't durable..

SPY

Banned User
Just webbing is developing all over no paint cracks yet crossing my fingers everyone on the team wants to use it.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
The durability seems to be really good, thats the only thing making me hang on to it really. I've considered selling it to pick up a Juggy as I prefer the feel of my J3A but I'm not sure how durable it is, I don't want two bats that aren't durable..

Just like with the J3A, seems like it's hit or miss. Some are seeing good durability with the SBF exclusive, some are seeing paint cracks after a few hits.

WarHorse

Star Player
I sold mine and bought a heavy J4 and have been outhitting it all day with the J4. So the bat had great potential, but didn't live up to it.