CL22 pinky question

mkimmer

COMbatant
I haven't swung Demarini in a long time. I have a chance to pick up a NIW Stadium and I think it is the 2014 version. It is silver with pink on it. I am limited in knowledge of this bat. How much flex does it have? How hot does it get? Durability? I am thinking about trading my 2015 MV1 for one. What are everyone thoughts on this bat? Thanks!

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Stiff feeling, I'd describe it as a .5oz end load, very hot, very durable. Great bat that didn't get as much love cause it wasn't the OG and I think it may have been overproduced as they were available everywhere NIW for 120 or less. I think the 3yrs are all the same but many will disagree, the many who disagree will all describe each year differently from one another.

TRaj2327

Pick it up and hammer away. They don't perform any less than the 2013 or the 2015.
Like Chrome said, stiff as a board with that aluminum handle.

3drian

Starting Player
I have been swinging a 28oz and its a bit heavy because of the endload, but its a great bat, I do agree with the comments that it does not get the love it deserves, but I can not compare it to the 13 or 15.

Joker

i've posted this before

1st year: hottest bat ever
2nd year: not as hot, its a turd (really the exact same bat)
3rd year: they went back to the 1st year and its hot as **** again (really the exact same bat)

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
i've posted this before

3rd year: they went back to the 1st year and its hot as **** again (really the exact same bat)

Sounds eerily similar to the Juggy and Mercy.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
i've posted this before

Could not agree more!
Throw in the Paint job on the Mad dawg, and we got a happy, hot family

Last edited:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Agree, the Dawg family is the sharpest of the Demarini line IMO. Last year's Juggy was sick too, honorable mention.

mkimmer

COMbatant
I do agree with you Joker. Seems like the 1st and 3rd are hotter for some reason. I have had some Mikens like that.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I bought the Pink/Silver CL22 Stadium and we were hitting HR's and lasers right out of the wrapper. No issues so far and we were hitting 44 375 BP Balls left over from league. It is a 27 and I got it NIW with receipt for 140. Hard to beat that.

Hx214

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year in my league my brother showed up with one. A few guys swung it, and the next week they all had one, then a few more guys swung one and the next week they all had one. I don't buy many bats and just use my old EVO or swing something my brother has, but someone had them on sale for like 100 bucks this winter so I grabbed one and we have so many guys that have the bat I had to put a different grip on mine just to find it when I lean it against the fence. The thing is a flame thrower..... I hit a ball last year in the playoffs that went over the light pole in left center trying to hit a line drive to the left side of the field.... It's unreal how fast the ball comes off those bats. We have two of them that went the entire season last year, and through BP this year and don't show any signs of wear. Great Bat.

Oscar919

Manager
I have a 28oz OG that I bought NIW. I LOVE that bat. I found a 27oz OG a couple of years ago for a great deal, so bought that one as a backup. I picked up a 2014 this year since I needed one with the new stamp and LOVE it just as much as the OG's. I have around 200 hits on it and it is awesome!! Not showing any signs of wear. The OG's are still going strong, with if I would have to guess, a few thousand hits. Looking forward to many great years with the 2014 Pinky!!