Cleaning steps for a glove ?

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to cleaning up one of my black rawlings gloves an would like to know what's the appropriate why of doin it? What would you guys recommend .. Glove has never had any kind of conditioners ..

DIRTY 30

Spray a small amount of cleaner on your favorite rag (I like microfiber myself) and lightly wipe the glove to remove surface dust/dirt. Lightly = very little pressure.

For tough stains, usually palms, you will have to rub a little harder and go over it several times. Don't rub so hard that the grain starts coming off...this is where it gets tricky. Also, if the glove is very dry, wipe it lightly to get it moistened and wait a few minutes before scrubbing.

...all the while moving to a clean section of rag with a fresh squirt of cleaner. You'll get the hang of it.

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
^^ what kind of cleaners an conditioners would you recommend, it's a black pro preferred

DIRTY 30

Lexol pH cleaner, Wilson Pro Stock or Mizuno Strong Oil conditioner. Black gloves love Strong Oil.

My bad. I wasn't sure if post #2 meant a reg household cleaner. I thought there might be a specific glove one out there. I'm def a glove rookie!

DIRTY 30

Definitely don't use Windex on your glove! :D There are cleaners out there specifically designed for leather.

chedched

Coach
We sell lexol at my work (car dealership) to clean leather seats. Basically you need a leather cleaner, not a glove cleaner.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think it would be really cool if Dirty (or someone) could make a post with this info (just a few quick tidbits for us glove cleaning noobs) that could get stickied up top. I've asked these same questions a couple times...

A "How to Clean and Condition Your Glove" post would be swell up top.

jethrodub

Coach
I just picked up an older Mizuno Victory Premier glove that I will be cleaning up, conditioning, and relacing. This will be the first time that I will be doing this on a glove, and I was wondering about the timing on everything. For example, do I give the glove a nice cleaning one night, then condtion the next day, then lace the next? Or is this something that I can do them all in the same night?

Any tips would be appreciated as I am looking forward to giving a few older gloves some TLC.

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there any real way of cleaning a camel colored glove? If Lexol orange won't cut it is it a lost cause for cleaning?