Closest pattern to the Matsui glove? (GMP55)

NYC

Swag on 100.
8b6d-06-18-mz08-gmp55-2_m.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Marucci 79R2 might be a tad long (mine measures just under 12.5" despite the 13" stamp), but it is otherwise a dead-ringer. The 12.75" version might be closer in length, but it's an H web ... which looks a bit wider. The cross bars on the single post are 4" wide.

MFGCP79R2-TF-BK_C__39762.1563314341.png

MFGCP79R2-TF-BK_D__86873.1563314339.png

Reactions: NYC

Party mafia

Marucci 79R2 might be a tad long (mine measures just under 12.5" despite the 13" stamp), but it is otherwise a dead-ringer. The 12.75" version might be closer in length, but it's an H web ... which looks a bit wider. The cross bars on the single post are 4" wide.

MFGCP79R2-TF-BK_C__39762.1563314341.png

MFGCP79R2-TF-BK_D__86873.1563314339.png
How is the palm padding on their Capitol series? Is it similar to their discontinued founders series? And how is the leather quality compares to Rawlings pp and Wilson a2k? Since the Capitol series have the same msrp as the pp and a2k? Thx

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
million dollar question there NYC. i know many people who are praying for availability on their custom builder

Reactions: NYC

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
How is the palm padding on their Capitol series? Is it similar to their discontinued founders series? And how is the leather quality compares to Rawlings pp and Wilson a2k? Since the Capitol series have the same msrp as the pp and a2k? Thx

The JT kip leather reminds me a lot of A2K leather. Very nice, if I were buying a leather chair. I prefer steer hide for my gloves, but this is very nice kip. They claim to use 5.75oz leather for these, which is just about the perfect thickness.

If there is a palm pad, it's floating, not sewn in. But I don't feel one. If they use them for this series, maybe only the infield patterns?

Last edited:

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
not sure any glove that ive had in my hands (there have been many) is similar to the 55. That thing closes so thumb to pinky