CNT+ RI Crack?

tnacty

Director
Any of you notice a durability issue with the reissued CNT+? My OG lasted five years of constant tournament and league ball. Five years is unusual I understand, but the thing was a tank...a hot tank at that.

I just broke an RI in just under a year (including no play from November till March).....it was definitely hotter out of the wrapper than the OG....but I've never broken a bat in a year. This bat an abberation or are they building them with thinner walls?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Yeah, most people will say they aren't as durable as the OG but pretty close or equal on the performance level

horsdoobers

Addicted to Softballfans
Meh...I dunno mine's pretty hot but not insane. No webbing on mine and it's got ohhh i don't know...maybe 1000 cuts on it. Looks new still. BUT....got the same end cap issue (cracks) as ALL the other Easton's this year. Good price on them now though.

Every other Easton I've had webbed up nice. Maybe I'm impatient and it always took forever.

G Rat

Baller on a Budget
My RI (28oz) didn't really start warming up until after roughly 700 cuts. Over a year of use and still going strong. Seems a lot of 26 and 27s were relatively hot to begin with and not lasting too long (which does sound like the walls could have been thinner). Pretty sure Easton will stand behind the "original specs" statement on this.

second2noone

that's what i heard also that the og is a tank and there are durability issues with RI. I love my OG, it's a tank for sure.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The OG is a different bat for sure. My RI was pretty much hot out of the wrapper, has about 800 BP swing on it now and its pretty hot, though it is not going to last into the 4-5k swing range like the OGs