coed bats

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Locally coed leagues/tournaments have guys using a 30" bat. Looking at a tournament that let's guys use regular bats. Any asa or usssa bat.

Does that seem crazy to anyone else? No way am I putting a chick at 3rd vs a man with a regular bat.

Is my area the only area that plays the 30" or is the tournament I'm looking at just not caring about safety?

RODOJR13

Addicted to Softballfans
If your playing a girl at third now that must mean shes a better third baseman than any guy on your team, so what does it matter. If not move your best guy there.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Locally coed leagues/tournaments have guys using a 30" bat. Looking at a tournament that let's guys use regular bats. Any asa or usssa bat.

Does that seem crazy to anyone else? No way am I putting a chick at 3rd vs a man with a regular bat.

Is my area the only area that plays the 30" or is the tournament I'm looking at just not caring about safety?

Malaboo27

Extra Hitter
There isn't a single team in our coed league that has a girl playing 3b. Are the guys on your team really that bad?

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
We have a girl play 3rd a lot. But then again, our girls can play.

ryan89

Addicted to Softballfans
My question is do you have to alternate in the field? from one of your comments it seems like you may have to do that. A lot of local tournaments in my area require you to alternate in the field as well as the batting order, however in those tournaments the guys swing wood bats. I also play U-trip but we dont have to alternate in the field..

stork

Just let guys swing their normal bats. They just have to swing oppo and from their knees. That way you don't make it a farce.

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
We play USSSA rules any new stamp bat is able to be used by either guys or girls league and tournament play

fowlo24

Extra Hitter
our league and tourneys around here u have 3 girls in the infield and 2 in the outfield. So we just put our girls at 1st and 2nd base, and at catcher

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans

Why would you want to play a tourney where guys have to use "toy" bats? I've played coed tourneys where the girls hit the 11 inch ball, or got an extra strike, or there was a coed line, but 30" bats for the men is just silly. And I play third all the time. Rather field a hot shot at 3rd than be playing 1st and wondering where the next ball thrown at me from 3rd or short is actually going to go. Had to run into right field to field a ball "at first" last week. Sheesh!

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans

this reminds me of that movie "the village" - where there was this whole community of people that lived by retarded rules while the rest of the world around them was light years ahead.

OSU02

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would you want to play a tourney where guys have to use "toy" bats? I've played coed tourneys where the girls hit the 11 inch ball, or got an extra strike, or there was a coed line, but 30" bats for the men is just silly. And I play third all the time. Rather field a hot shot at 3rd than be playing 1st and wondering where the next ball thrown at me from 3rd or short is actually going to go. Had to run into right field to field a ball "at first" last week. Sheesh!

Our ladies hit 11" balls. Out of curiosity, what is a coed line?

zug

Star Player
This is so stupid.

Put your best third baseman at third. If nobody on your team is good enough to react to line drives, find a better third baseman. Who cares whether they have a **** or not?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i use regular bats in my coed league and i always blast oppo cause the girls miss every time. i batted 1.000

stork

I hit it at the guys direction whenever possible. As long as we are winning of course.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nah, i usually try to hit it to guys too unless we're getting whipped too. even then i try to swing out of my shoes cause girls are watching.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
Our ladies hit 11" balls. Out of curiosity, what is a coed line?

Coed line is marked in the outfield usually 200 feet out. When a girl bats, outfielders may not move in front of this line until the ball is hit. You're welcome. :)