Coed Softball

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Is always good for some stupid humor. Played my rec coed game last night vs a team named "Just for fun." Of course "Just for Fun" thought it was game 7 of the world series. They had 3 different guys who were giving a warnings. They had a runner called out for interference for running into me at SS when I was trying to field a ground ball. Their coach comes sprinting out he dugout like a manager in MLB to argue the call. He told the umpire that the umpire needs to read the rule book because the runner has a right to run in the baseline. They had one dude wearing a tourney jersey, eye black, boombah (hat, pants, turfs) swinging a shiny new SRV1. He popped up three times twice on the infield. Then my favorite, there are 2 out in the 7th, the first base coach yells "Time blue time. I need someone to coach first," and he runs from the first base coaching box to the 3rd base dugout. As he running across our pitcher who is a 5 foot 2 girls, yells "You called time out for that." Everyone on the field starts laughing, and the dude glares at her. Seriously if this was their just for fun team, I'd hate to see what their serious team was like.

DSNuts48

Badass
You know if you're a true winner you would play like it was game 4 of the world series because you would be undefeated. IMHO IJS.

AveregeJay

Banned User
When people whine about coed sucking they are missing comedic gold like this that happens every night at coed.

CheddarBob

Part Time Player
I go for the attractive catchers. I usually strike out bc I'm talking to them instead of looking at the pitcher.

Country35

Banned User
i prefer to watch co-ed rather then play....sitting on bench with a cooler full of beer makes me popular with the ladies

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
some say they go to get swings in. I go for the fantastic humor that happens.

I actually really love rec coed ball. It is a chance to take some swings and some ground balls in a low stress, fun environment. There is a good chance there will be some humor. My team is a lot of fun people, not necessarily great at softball but no one takes the game to seriously and we always either laugh at ourselves or the other team. Plus playing rec coed ball allows me to play ball with the wife which is fun and when she is enjoying softball she comes out for BP and comes out and watches my local tournies. Its much easier to play a lot of ball when the better half gets to enjoy a lot of it with you.

DTF #23

Addicted to Softballfans
It makes it even better when the girls are good looking. About serious co-ed teams, we were playing last round, and had a guy that was about 6-2 slide into 2nd with spikes in the air trying to take out our female 2nd baseman

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Is always good for some stupid humor. Played my rec coed game last night vs a team named "Just for fun." Of course "Just for Fun" thought it was game 7 of the world series. They had 3 different guys who were giving a warnings. They had a runner called out for interference for running into me at SS when I was trying to field a ground ball. Their coach comes sprinting out he dugout like a manager in MLB to argue the call. He told the umpire that the umpire needs to read the rule book because the runner has a right to run in the baseline. They had one dude wearing a tourney jersey, eye black, boombah (hat, pants, turfs) swinging a shiny new SRV1. He popped up three times twice on the infield. Then my favorite, there are 2 out in the 7th, the first base coach yells "Time blue time. I need someone to coach first," and he runs from the first base coaching box to the 3rd base dugout. As he running across our pitcher who is a 5 foot 2 girls, yells "You called time out for that." Everyone on the field starts laughing, and the dude glares at her. Seriously if this was their just for fun team, I'd hate to see what their serious team was like.

This sounds no different than a typical Canadian Men's league in slowpitch or fastpitch. Except I'm sure there was less mullet action in your coed game!

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I actually really love rec coed ball. It is a chance to take some swings and some ground balls in a low stress, fun environment. There is a good chance there will be some humor. My team is a lot of fun people, not necessarily great at softball but no one takes the game to seriously and we always either laugh at ourselves or the other team. Plus playing rec coed ball allows me to play ball with the wife which is fun and when she is enjoying softball she comes out for BP and comes out and watches my local tournies. Its much easier to play a lot of ball when the better half gets to enjoy a lot of it with you.

i coached coed for 5 years. and beyond trying to get 5 girls to be at the field on sundays, it was a blast. there was always a super serious team in the league that ended up beating us each year in the finals of the tourney (literally 5 2nd place trophies sat in my garage) because they had better girls. every week we had a blast, and every week there was something that usually made me and my brother belly laugh when we talked about it later.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The Most Revolutionary Bat of this century would make sense.

I'm assuming you are refuring to the SRV1. The way the dude hit it probably wouldn't have mattered if he was swinging an OG ultra. His pop up to the pitcher might have made it to the SS.

-Six-

Weiner
i always try hard. I cant not compete. once its game its game face. Still fun and laugh. But i cant not get into it.

chancechatman

Addicted to Softballfans
i love the super serious guys that talk ish and then when you talk it back to them they try to blow up the pitcher with the dreaded hammer..

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I don't think anyone likes to lose but going overboard and charging the mound in coed is dumb...

Let me ask this: Would you rather try hard in coed and win, or NOT try hard, have fun and lose????

and yes you can have fun trying hard and winning....

So this is the way I run my team. We like to win and everyone plays hard, but having fun is more important than winning. Winning does make it is fun but just because we aren't winning doesn't mean we aren't going to have fun.

-Six-

Weiner
So this is the way I run my team. We like to win and everyone plays hard, but having fun is more important than winning. Winning does make it is fun but just because we aren't winning doesn't mean we aren't going to have fun.

qft.............

AveregeJay

Banned User
You will see lots of competitive coed teams here:

http://www.edsonkinsmen.ca/home.htm

The Edson Kin Slo-Pitch Tournament is the greatest of it's kind on the planet, played at the worlds largest ball park "Vision Park" with 24 regulation sized diamonds in one park!

This Tournament plays host to 272 Mixed Open Division Teams with cash and prizes totaling more than $60,000, one HUGE beer gardens now dubbed "The Hangar" and thousands of ball players, and spectators With exciting live bands we blow the roof off the joint every night.

You will also most likely get laid if you have any game whatsoever

photostripv5.jpg

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
i love the super serious guys that talk ish and then when you talk it back to them they try to blow up the pitcher with the dreaded hammer..

I prefer to talk to ish to my own team. We had a guy pop out to the catcher last night, in his next at bat I had the whole team point out toward the field so he knew which way to hit the ball. A couple weeks ago I suggested out pitcher hit the strike zone mat after she walked a batter.

Country35

Banned User
You will see lots of competitive coed teams here:

http://www.edsonkinsmen.ca/home.htm

The Edson Kin Slo-Pitch Tournament is the greatest of it's kind on the planet, played at the worlds largest ball park "Vision Park" with 24 regulation sized diamonds in one park!

This Tournament plays host to 272 Mixed Open Division Teams with cash and prizes totaling more than $60,000, one HUGE beer gardens now dubbed "The Hangar" and thousands of ball players, and spectators With exciting live bands we blow the roof off the joint every night.

You will also most likely get laid if you have any game whatsoever

photostripv5.jpg

is that you in the middle pic?