Price Check Collector RD's?

lineshot

Banned User
Set a high reserve and sell on ebay. Lots of people with lots of money out there. I would say $800-1000 each. Or just hold them for 20yrs and sell them to Demarini from $5000 each

DemPhenom

You'd be surprised at how many PM's I'm getting, so I'd gather they're worth slightly more than a regular RD to more than just me.

Either way, I guess we'll see where it ends up and if anyone wants them. Like I said though, I'll keep them if the right buyer doesn't come along.

I bet most of those PM are lowballs or weak trade offers. :rolleyes:

To bad for hoarders the bubble burst on these with the new usssa bats and all the new hot ASA bats these just don't shine anymore . Still for collection purposes very nice I would stick them back in the closet and hold onto them .

^^^^^^^^^This.

Someone might pay top dollar but who know how long you will have to wait.

It seems like you have added sentimental to these these, unfortunately your sentimental value and/or time used to find them does not translate to a possible buyer as value. Neither does how much money you have in them.

Reclaimer

The Veteran
Someone will pay you top dollar for these if you wait long enough. Throw them up onto the 'bay as a 30-day auction with $450 each or Best Offer. Just let them sit there until someone pays the $450 or makes you a reasonable offer. You could also make a listing for all three for $1200 or something, but I doubt that'd really go anywhere. You'd only be looking at $1.50 per month to keep them listed, so no real reason not to. Wouldn't waste my time with Craigslist - you'll just get hundreds of insane low-ball offers.

If you had the #1 ASA RD NIW, I'd probably buy all four off of you. All I've got is 100/3000, which is pretty special to me.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
I'm not playing as much ball as I was and with other interests taking over, I'm thinking of selling my 3 "collector" RD28's.

I've got:
#3000/3000 ASA RD28, NIW.
#0001/1000 Utrip RD28 NOW
#1000/1000 Utrip RD28 NIW (NR)

I'd only sell as a set of three but have no idea what the right person may be willing to pay for the set. Any ideas? They cost me a fortune, and a lot of time searching, to get all three and I'm not willing (or needing) to sell them for peanuts. Thanks. ...Steve
Why does one go up to 3000 and the other up to 1000?

glovedad

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the photos. My hunch is you will get what you want or close to it, with patience. Collectors love limited edition items and Demarini created it's own collection market by numbering the bats. I am glad this does not happen more often. It can create a false value for a bat. People start collecting/valueing numbers rather than the item. I purchased 2 of the ASA models the year they came out. Our team uses one, which happens to be the higher numbered bat. I have kept the second bat, #055 NIW, just because it is lower numbered. No better a bat, just potentially a bit more valuable.
Thanks again for sharing the collection and nice work putting it together.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I could possibly swing 1400 if you throw in some a 12 pack of Kokanee

and a dozen orders of Poutine/ maple syrup

jlmk

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
Don't sell them SteveO. They're keepers. Did any one ever find #0001 of the ASA's?

SteveO can correct me if I'm wrong but Im 99% sure on a different board could have been this one that stevo said it is in Demarinis head office and he also but a good offer on it and they wouldn't budge

Dar3guin

Whiff it b4 you hit it
SteveO can correct me if I'm wrong but Im 99% sure on a different board could have been this one that stevo said it is in Demarinis head office and he also but a good offer on it and they wouldn't budge

It was on here... I do remember them saying that Demarini has the Kung-Fu grip on that

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't think you could appraise them other than based on what they sold for last.

so, as of right now, they're worth what you paid for em. definitely an 'auction' kind of item imo. also think it's gonna be tough to sell all three. even if i had the money to enjoy one, i wouldn't take all 3. it'd be cool to own one though.