Combat Greinert question

Beauner

Starting Player
Has anybody had any issues with durability on the new Greinert?
I've got about 100 swings on mine, all indoors with a mix of .52/300 and Classic Ms. After about 60 swings this started to develop, and then another 40 swings tonight and it got quite a bit larger.
Can't tell if it is just a paint crack, or if it is actually a crack.

This is my first real experience with Combat so I'm not sure if paint cracks are actually a thing with them like they have been with the Demarinis.
Any thoughts?
Combat%20greiner%202_zps6dwqd4a2.jpg

Combat%20greinert_zpsl7ftt61p.jpg

Last edited:

Beauner

Starting Player
Just a paint crack, BTW. How cool was it? Are you turning the bat every few hits?

I'm not sure the exact temp. It was all inside, so I'd guess 70-72. Warm enough that one round of BP and my fat ass is sweating :eek:

Yeah I rotate it on basically every hit.

Beauner

Starting Player
Is it safe to assume that if it is a paint crack it will continue to get bigger the more I swing it then?

Beauner

Starting Player
I've put probably 40-50 more cuts on it since those pictures were taken and haven't noticed much change and the bat is still stupid hot. Hoping the weather is warm enough for me to bust it out for our first tournament of the year next weekend.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My last year's portent did that and never cracked. I wouldn't worry if I had a receipt. I'd only game it if I didn't and it's ready just to be safe.

Beauner

Starting Player
Updated: I've used it as my gamer for the first 10ish games of the season in some cold weather and the paint crack hasn't gotten any bigger. But the bat is on fire.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
This is how I know I suck as a hitter and swing the bat like a 5yr old girl. My white/red Greinert doesn't have the first zipper on it or paint crack or anything. Probably has 500ish hits on it. I suck.

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
I had last years utrip greinert and this years dual stamp. Mine have developed light zipper paint cracks but nothing to that extent. That being said I only put about 50 swings on my bats before they become game use only.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I had last years utrip greinert and this years dual stamp. Mine have developed light zipper paint cracks but nothing to that extent. That being said I only put about 50 swings on my bats before they become game use only.

How would you compare the 2 Greinert's? I have to make a decision on which one I'm getting.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Personally I prefer the dual stamp. Performance seems slightly better.

I prefer the dual stamp (last years white/red model) but only because I only have ASA where I live and playing utrip ball is very rare but nice to have a dual stamp so I can use on the rare occasion

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I prefer the dual stamp (last years white/red model) but only because I only have ASA where I live and playing utrip ball is very rare but nice to have a dual stamp so I can use on the rare occasion

I love my dual stamp white/red Greinert. This is the first year I've used it, and guys are steadily putting down other bats to pick this one up. I'm even swinging it over my '13 DBAs, which sounds like insanity even as I type those words.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I love my dual stamp white/red Greinert. This is the first year I've used it, and guys are steadily putting down other bats to pick this one up. I'm even swinging it over my '13 DBAs, which sounds like insanity even as I type those words.

I can't believe you