Combat . . . . seems soooooooo

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I should just keep my mouth shut but I'll add to this ....
I still have a combat utrip rogo in the bag....
but my thinking is easton bought combat...and not only liked their technology but it actually enlightened them to use it....
now for this I'm talking out my azz but I'm sure why eastons are so hot out the gate for the last few years is all COMBAT ...before the take over eastons were all 1000 hit bats
soooo when u swing a easton your actually swinging a combat....you can tell yourself that because its actually true..

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Easton bought Combat for their hockey line. Combat never actually made their own bats, they were made by CE Composites in Canada. Easton bats were/are made in China.

Easton didn't adopt anybody else's technology, they just started making their bats hotter out of the wrapper because they got tired of seeing them in the clearance bin every fall.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
Easton bought Combat for their hockey line. Combat never actually made their own bats, they were made by CE Composites in Canada. Easton bats were/are made in China.

Easton didn't adopt anybody else's technology, they just started making their bats hotter out of the wrapper because they got tired of seeing them in the clearance bin every fall.

that may be all true....and I don't live in Canada....but I use to watch alot of hockey and not a single nhl player had anything combat....easton ccm rbk koho etc....and your not going to tell me when I company comes in and buys another company and all the eq blueprints and contacts and manufactures of their supplies they don't get ideas or use something of theirs that's better or different? your gonna tell me they don't talk with r&d and say we'll if u you do it this way you get extra distance or whatever..
I don't buy it
Mr cooper who went from combat to easton would be the first to tell you the truth...and I think somewhere back in the day he said " there a good things to come from easton using combat stuff? when the takeover first happened

Theseaduck

The Veteran
either way your right or some of my views may be true I don't want to start a fight or war ...not worth it...

Hiltz

Built for comfort
that may be all true....and I don't live in Canada....but I use to watch alot of hockey and not a single nhl player had anything combat....easton ccm rbk koho etc....and your not going to tell me when I company comes in and buys another company and all the eq blueprints and contacts and manufactures of their supplies they don't get ideas or use something of theirs that's better or different? your gonna tell me they don't talk with r&d and say we'll if u you do it this way you get extra distance or whatever..
I don't buy it
Mr cooper who went from combat to easton would be the first to tell you the truth...and I think somewhere back in the day he said " there a good things to come from easton using combat stuff? when the takeover first happened

Easton didn't buy Combat; Performance Sports Group did. They're the parent company that owns Easton. And while Combat could bring some concepts and ideas over, the actual makeup of their bats was intellectual property of CE Composites. All Combat did was order the bats and have them branded with their name. CE actually produced bats for other companies too. It's widely believed the Combat Antivirus and the OG Rip-It Reaper were the exact same bat, painted differently for different companies.

The only thing that I see that was brought from Combat to Easton is the "Optimized Player Loading" where the endloaded bats are given different endloads based on their sticker weight. Combat used to do the same thing and call it "Maximum Performance Weighting".

D-ROCK13

Loved every single Combat I ever owned, until they split in two anyways. That Dirty utrip reload was nasty, along with the antivirus and avarice utrips, and loved the dual stamp stuff from 15-16

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Hoping my orange makes it through the summer(if we play). She has a bit of a rattle so not holding my breath..

PEDs are loose, nothing to worry about

I saw a video a guy posted on the book of a brand new Still Humble ASA that sounded like it had the dreaded PED rattle.

Exact same design as the Combats, we took a sawzall to my friends shark toothed Diablo and it has PEDs. The only difference is Anarchy probably has better QC

D-ROCK13

Combat epoxied nuts and/or washers in their endcaps for loading, sometimes they fall out and cause rattles as well

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Hoping my orange makes it through the summer(if we play). She has a bit of a rattle so not holding my breath..

PEDs are loose, nothing to worry about

Buddy in league had an orange DBA and the PED completely let go. He used it for another 2 years with all the loose hardware slopping around inside the barrel.

Combat epoxied nuts and/or washers in their endcaps for loading, sometimes they fall out and cause rattles as well

I've never heard a non-PED Combat with a rattle. A teammate cracked his Antivirus and I made him a pen holder from the last 6" of the barrel. The nuts in the endcap were completely encased in epoxy, no way they were ever coming out.

D-ROCK13

The ped bats get really hot when they start rattling, if you're lucky enough to not have umps toss them out....

Yeah it wasn't super common but I've had and seen a few that the epoxy didn't hold and the nuts were rolling around in the barrel. Good idea on the pen holder, got a few busted ones laying around may have to follow suit

tonys1

Performance Enhancing Disk = restrictor

And the other guy, known for his lengthy delays flaunts his inner barrel as a floating mechanism that when the ball hits the outter shell, it activates a piece of pool noodle on a PVC pipe that propels the ball 450 feet.

Another restrictor, or does that one actually do anything?