Combatants Say Your Random...Part 7

Softball.com:

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Longshot - any input on how to get a 15yr old asbach uralt here in the states?

Binnys (in Chicago) is probably the top liquor store in the US. They've got a gift pack of 200ml bottles of the 8, 15, and 21, but I can't find anyone who carries bottles of the 15 by themselves. It looks like The Whiskey Exchange (in the UK) used to carry it, but it's out of stock, and I don't know how long ago they carried it.

I'd shoot an email to Binnys (they'll usually ship, and if not, I'm sure an SBF member from Chicago could pick it up and ship it for you); if they can't get it I'd then reach out to The Exchange and see if they can still acquire it. If they can, let me know, and I'll have my friend add it to his next order. Figure shipping from there is going to be 2-3x the cost of shipping from Binnys.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
For Combats notoriously being known for not holding value, I am impressed with how the Avarice USSSA and this years new line has maintained value.

whogotz

dilligaf?
What makes the 15yr old stuff great. I am in Germany (Heebs can vouch for that) and that stuff is everywhere, not sure of the age though. I will keep my eyes open for you.

not sure but it's my dad's favorite. i was there with him at ramstein from around 71-73

whogotz

dilligaf?
Binnys (in Chicago) is probably the top liquor store in the US. They've got a gift pack of 200ml bottles of the 8, 15, and 21, but I can't find anyone who carries bottles of the 15 by themselves. It looks like The Whiskey Exchange (in the UK) used to carry it, but it's out of stock, and I don't know how long ago they carried it.

I'd shoot an email to Binnys (they'll usually ship, and if not, I'm sure an SBF member from Chicago could pick it up and ship it for you); if they can't get it I'd then reach out to The Exchange and see if they can still acquire it. If they can, let me know, and I'll have my friend add it to his next order. Figure shipping from there is going to be 2-3x the cost of shipping from Binnys.

cool - i am going to check with binnys

sleepin4matty

Management Material
in regards to the fantasy football draft question. You REALLY want to be there for the draft. If you can't I'd suggest you drop out. It will be better for you and everyone in the league with you. The autobidders make the draft last A LOT longer and it doesn't take into account guys who are hurt. The only way it MIGHT work is if you really dedicate yourself to picking bids for players and setting it all up before hand. Autobid also ruins the chances of anybody getting a guy for a "steal" of a deal unless (like I mentioned before) that guy happens to be injured (i.e. Gronk, Pittsburgh RB, etc.)

whogotz

dilligaf?
Getting customer service that goes above and beyond is getting to be like getting everything you wanted and more as a child on Christmas morning.

whogotz

dilligaf?
Hey Hacker. As much as I dont want to admit it, my parents appear to be right. The knishes they bought from a local deli that has them shipped from Gabila are wayyyyy better than the Gabila's I get from BJs

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Hey Hacker. As much as I dont want to admit it, my parents appear to be right. The knishes they bought from a local deli that has them shipped from Gabila are wayyyyy better than the Gabila's I get from BJs

Does the deli get them delivered fresh or frozen?

whogotz

dilligaf?
they have to be frozen since the deli is here in the sunshine state. its crazy but i did taste a difference.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I'm excited for some NFL tonight. I might have to hop on the bike or elliptical at the gym and watch some of the game.............

Who am I kidding. That won't happen. The Tough Mudder might be a tough mother on the 14th.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I'm excited for some NFL tonight. I might have to hop on the bike or elliptical at the gym and watch some of the game.............

Who am I kidding. That won't happen. The Tough Mudder might be a tough mother on the 14th.

Regardless of your fitness level the Tough Mudder WILL be a tough mother :) Good luck

whogotz

dilligaf?
total brag post...yay me - another opening night, another productive outing 2 for 3 and ran for myself, scored both times. achilles is not 100% but close enough. got another opening night tonight, lets see how the foot feels tomorrow.

Didnt get to bp my ASA Wanted but used it last night and my early report is - its a forgiving bat because i didnt make good contact on either of my hats and it still resulted in line drive base hits.

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans

Let me know how it goes! I'm hoping I can do one again next year. Already thinking about training for it.

:biggthumpup:

On that note, I need to find something to carry with me when running. Last night I was confronted (again) by a very large german shepard/ chow looking dog on my run. Barking, growling, came barreling at me from their yard (no fences by us). Ended up a foot from me when the owner finally started to call it back. :scared: ***** didn't even have enough common sense to say "sorry." That conversation did not go well and is not repeatable on SBF. :mad:

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
On that note, I need to find something to carry with me when running.

Weighs around a pound. Easily concealed while running. :)

s7_211409_573_01

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
No kidding. I've never really been a gun person, but it's not off my list for consideration after last night.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I would. Better to be safe, than sorry. I feel sorry for people that aren't prepared for life.

They come in pink as well. ;)

charter_pink_lady_right.jpg

150469_large.jpg

whogotz

dilligaf?
nice choices of weapons. under those circumstances (outdoors running) yeah - protection is a smart consideration -