Combatants say your randoms part 8

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Started out this season great (for me). Was hitting the ball hard, hit a few far (for me), and was getting on base regularly. Then this sports hernia started to creep up on me along with this lower back injury that hurts down in my right butt cheek. I'm too stupid and stubborn and competitive to be smart and sit. But it started affecting my mechanics because it became hard to plant on my front foot (right foot for me). Started topping almost everything and hitting bouncers and grounders all over the infield. If I tried to hard to fix it, I'd hit pop-ups. Then the injuries got worse, and I lost all punch and power in my swing. Everything has been weak, and I've been getting out more than I ever have.

Had a DH today, and I needed to play for us to have enough. First three ABs were weak, but finally...FINALLY...I hit a ball on the screws. Smoked a liner to the left of SS and after all my struggles, wouldn't you know that sucker make a great diving catch on it. Pissed me off. Last AB, smoked another liner up the middle for a hit. Man, it just felt good to hit the ball with some authority the last two ABs. This has been an awful season for me...after it started off looking like a great season for me. Hopefully I can carry it over to our next game Thursday.

CSB.

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
Started out this season great (for me). Was hitting the ball hard, hit a few far (for me), and was getting on base regularly. Then this sports hernia started to creep up on me along with this lower back injury that hurts down in my right butt cheek. I'm too stupid and stubborn and competitive to be smart and sit. But it started affecting my mechanics because it became hard to plant on my front foot (right foot for me). Started topping almost everything and hitting bouncers and grounders all over the infield. If I tried to hard to fix it, I'd hit pop-ups. Then the injuries got worse, and I lost all punch and power in my swing. Everything has been weak, and I've been getting out more than I ever have.

Had a DH today, and I needed to play for us to have enough. First three ABs were weak, but finally...FINALLY...I hit a ball on the screws. Smoked a liner to the left of SS and after all my struggles, wouldn't you know that sucker make a great diving catch on it. Pissed me off. Last AB, smoked another liner up the middle for a hit. Man, it just felt good to hit the ball with some authority the last two ABs. This has been an awful season for me...after it started off looking like a great season for me. Hopefully I can carry it over to our next game Thursday.

CSB.

Great, you found your stroke just in time to play us, lol! See you tomorrow.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Great, you found your stroke just in time to play us, lol! See you tomorrow.

Lol, I won't be playing against you guys. I only played yesterday because I was forced into action. It really won't matter either way. I just hope you guys have pity on us and really want to play 9.

whogotz

dilligaf?

CSB.

it happens - worst thing you can do is let it stick in your memory. i am guilty of doing this myself.

whogotz

dilligaf?
i am now added to the short list of SBF members that have had another SBF member shout them out after hitting a bomb

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Official diagnosis this morning is piriformis syndrome. Softball season is done. Most of my weight-lifting is done except for the upper body lifts that don't engage the glutes. Just have to rest, hope it heals fairly quickly, and try to get ready for next spring. Really sucks.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Official diagnosis this morning is piriformis syndrome. Softball season is done. Most of my weight-lifting is done except for the upper body lifts that don't engage the glutes. Just have to rest, hope it heals fairly quickly, and try to get ready for next spring. Really sucks.

That sounds awful (just read up on it on WebMD so now I'm a certified Doctor). Good luck resting that one with all those kiddos running around.

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans

Sorry to hear that. Did they give you any exercises or stretches to do?

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
There are a few stretches...painful ones, lol. I can't stretch too much, but I can't stretch too little, either.

Sad thing is, I don't know how much I'll be able to help my boys practice for football (one is 7 and in flag, the other is 8 and in his first year of tackle) :(.

whogotz

dilligaf?

that pain is awful. i have the nerve pain on both sides. happened once when i got hurt sliding into second - i had to crawl off the field.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Crawled off the field sunday. I took one to the jewels last week that ruptured a vein in my groin. I thought I was better and was trying to beat out a throw home.
I scored.......but had to call my wife to drive me home. I was in a lil bit of discomfort

whogotz

dilligaf?
YIKES!!!!! nothing worse than a shot to the nuts. hard ground ball me - perfectly squared up - pow right on the dangling sack - i fell straight forward - timberrrrrr - red clay all on right side of my face - even breathed some dirt as i tried to catch my breath - face planted - matter of fact - i feel that knot in my gut right now as i remember.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
wear a cup

You know, I played OF for years when I was younger, until I jacked up my elbow. When it started healing and I could play again, my team moved me to 1B since it required less throwing. So I played 1B for years...and I never once wore a cup, LOL. I did think about it, but just never got one.

Fortunately, never took one off the family jewels. Did take a shoulder to the kidney in a tourney at 1B (leaped for a bad throw, drifted into the baseline, runner tried to duck and hit me on the left side)...GOOD GRIEF...talk about pain!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
YIKES!!!!! nothing worse than a shot to the nuts. hard ground ball me - perfectly squared up - pow right on the dangling sack - i fell straight forward - timberrrrrr - red clay all on right side of my face - even breathed some dirt as i tried to catch my breath - face planted - matter of fact - i feel that knot in my gut right now as i remember.

Mine came straight off the barrel of a DC 41. I was moving to my left to get in a good position to make a play on a guy that likes to go oppo. Not fast enough