Combatants say your randoms part 8

whogotz

dilligaf?
to play in, to move around in - BY CHOICE - ok maybe i could figure something out

but when you HAVE TO drive or walk in that crap - nothing cool about it

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
As I have gotten older I have become more anti-cold then ever. I wear my hoodie about 90% of the time at home and work.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
SNow is no biggy.Living in MI taught me that. ICE...........she is a beeeeaaaattttcccchhh!
Good to see you Fuzz. Feeling better?

Yeah somewhat. I have a newborn now and I'm running on like 2hrs sleep.

I feel pretty good. Rotator is tweaked, but doing better. I can swing a bat again, but I haven't thrown a ball yet. I've been running on a treadmill so knee seems to be doing better as well. Just getting old and needed some rest I guess. I've dropped down from 255 to 235 with the shoulder injury not letting me lift heavy as I use to.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Yeah somewhat. I have a newborn now and I'm running on like 2hrs sleep.

I feel pretty good. Rotator is tweaked, but doing better. I can swing a bat again, but I haven't thrown a ball yet. I've been running on a treadmill so knee seems to be doing better as well. Just getting old and needed some rest I guess. I've dropped down from 255 to 235 with the shoulder injury not letting me lift heavy as I use to.

That weight loss is only good news if you've got knee problems

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I'm shooting for 300lbs on the bench press tonight. I've worked my way close and I got to 285 last week. I'm hoping to get the 300lb bench tonight!

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I got my 300lb bench goal yesterday. I feel really good about it. I had my wife spot me (yes she lifts), so I feel like I didn't have a guy pulling up 50lbs while I was only pushing 250. ;)

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
My goal is 275 by the end of this year....overall goal is twice my body weight (currently 180).

That's definitely impressive. My new goal is 345. That is roughly 1.5 times what I weigh.

I cant bench too awful much do to a bad shoulder.....but I can squat with the best of ya.

I went about a year without squatting because my back had been bothering me. I finally went to the chiropractor and got feeling a lot better. This will be week 3 of doing squats and I'm shooting for 315 this week.

I dislike squats...and with my knees...ugh. Just did my first post surgery leg workout monday...

Great to hear you're on your way back. I hope all goes well. I know any rehab isn't fun.

lx_2nv

Coach
Thanks - no rehab here thankfully. I am slowly working my way back into things though - I am so scared of hearing that POP again LOL.

Congrats on the 300!!!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Take it easy Mr Jeremy. Get some K Tape before you exercise. It helps
Luckly, besides the beer gut and a lil arthur in the shoulder, I am healthier than I have been in some time.
Doin the 5-3-1

lx_2nv

Coach
The 5-3-1 is no joke! Man I have been carying my workouts so much lately. Yesterdya for banch was my "linebacker" bench, 8/6/4/2. Then a lot of reps on incline and decline...My uncle bought that body beast program. The couple workouts I tried had me in tears and never went above a 45# dumbell.

So the K tape works? I saw you mentioned it in the Tommy Copper thread. I am just looking for some support and stability.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
K tape will not give you stability...but it will keep the joints greased. Also, I feel less soreness afterward.
My ass is old......so maybe its just me.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
KT tape works. Before I ran a half marathon I had a calf injury and I know this is the only way I could have gotten through it.

I've also been doing the 5/3/1 for the last 3 weeks and when I get done I'm going to the 8/6/4/2. I'm hoping to add in some more dumbbell work since my shoulder is starting to feel better.

lx_2nv

Coach
K tape will not give you stability...but it will keep the joints greased. Also, I feel less soreness afterward.
My ass is old......so maybe its just me.

KT tape works. Before I ran a half marathon I had a calf injury and I know this is the only way I could have gotten through it.

I've also been doing the 5/3/1 for the last 3 weeks and when I get done I'm going to the 8/6/4/2. I'm hoping to add in some more dumbbell work since my shoulder is starting to feel better.

My joints do need lube!! Lotta bone on bone in there LOL.

dumbbell work is the goods. Today after back (deadlift/pull ups/rows) I ran the rack on hammer curls...1 big drop set starting with the 75's down to the 30's. I felt like my heart rate was 250 LOL

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I do a pyramid close on hammer curls. I do 5 reps with the 5's, 5 reps with the 10's, 5 reps with the 15's and work my way to 5 reps with the 30's and then work my way back down (5x5-10x5-15x5-20x5-25x5-30x5-25x5-20x5-15x5-10x5-5x5) and I can't move normally when I'm done.