Comparisons of Nanotek 2011 vs 2012

HunterXp

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any opinons regarding the model from 2011 vs 2012.

Also, what is their experience of the bat vs Clincher balls.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
If you're referring to the OG Nanotek as the 2011 model and the Alpha/Omega ones as the 2012 Nanotek...

The OG tends to swing on the balanced side. Aesthetically, I liked the way the blue endcaps looked over the black ones although there's no difference in performance.

The Alpha is very balanced, and the Omega is end-loaded. Whatever fits your swing will be "best."

I've never had to hit Clinchers, but I can't imagine any Anderson bat not hitting them well.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I've swung a lot of OG ASA Nano's (2011). One piece, very balanced, smallish sweet spot; takes awhile to get used to but once you do they are amazing. Still the best one piece singlewall ASA out there in my opinion

Picked up a couple OG USSSA only (2011) Nano's last month & got to swing them this week. One piece, slight endload, slightly more forgiving sweet spot; was hitting pretty amazing shots with these from the getgo. If you can find a singlewall league that allows them this would be the ticket but they are not allowed in true ASA leagues.

Buddy of mine has a ASA Nano Omega (2012) & I've swung it a handful of times. Two piece, endloaded, ok sweetspot. I never got any real good hits with this, it just doesn't fit my swing & I don't hit as good with 2-piece bats (same goes for my Worth composites--I actually hit a JH one-piece reload better than a Legit). My guess is if you are comfortable & prefer 2-piece bats you might like this but I don't hit it as good as the OG's. I've never swung a Nano Alpha.

Other issue with the 2-piece Nano's, at least for me, is most singlewall leagues out here in the Oakland/Bay area do not allow singlewall bats with composite handles. The ones that do are generally "all metal" leagues (Oakland/SF) & it would be silly using a singlewall bat when you are allowed to use multiwalls. The 2-piece singlewall market also has a lot more competition with the Demarini White Steels & Easton L7's.

I have never hit clincher softballs but the common belief is the softer the compression of the ball the less flex you want in the bat. If you buy into this generalization then the OG Nano's would have stiffer handles thus theoretically transferring more energy to the softball on contact. Truth is science is great but in the real world it simply comes down to what you are more comfortable swinging-JJ