Confused about Blackouts...

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
Which one is better? White or Black? These new association stamps have me confused, I do not play ASA at all. I know the old standards, Utrip was always better but I thought the new ASA standards allowed a hotter bat. I'm looking for something to throw in my bag since my Craze is pushing 3500 cuts, kind of like getting a new puppy while your old dog is about to die...

nissben

Freakin Ninja
I like them both..white is balanced and black is end loaded...they also have the black/ blue which is ASA legal too...I think the craze had some end load, so u should probably get the black one since that one has the end load

MDG

Addicted to Softballfans
The black and yellow (2013) is endloaded, and USSSA only, the black and white (USSSA) and black and blue (dual stamp) are both 2014 models and are both balanced. Either of the USSSA models should be hot. The dual stamp doesn't seem as hot, and was probably made for players who can't afford to own a lot of bats.

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just wondering which one performs better, the all association black/blue or the non ASA white black one?

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
The black and yellow (2013) is endloaded, and USSSA only, the black and white (USSSA) and black and blue (dual stamp) are both 2014 models and are both balanced. Either of the USSSA models should be hot. The dual stamp doesn't seem as hot, and was probably made for players who can't afford to own a lot of bats.

Thanks! Time to order one up

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
Blk/White and Blk/Yellow open up after 100 or so and both are ok, but IMO not on par with other Utrip bats.

Wheels33

Coach
NDrobber, sounds like your giving up to early on the utrip blackouts. These take at least 400 to break in, and can hang with the best if not the best. The best thing about these bats, they seem to pass the compression test better than any other hot bat. Other bats fail when they get hot, while blackouts still get hotter and passes. For utrip, Mizuno got the chemistry dialed down!

Phillyhawk

<font color="#0000FF">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I'm in agreement with wheels - these can hang with anything out right now. the only thing i'd say about the blackouts is i could see why they are not for everyone. they are not nearly as forgiving as say a z2k IMO. however if you catch one on the screws it's going to smoke the ball as hard and/or as far as any other bat.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Which one is better? White or Black? These new association stamps have me confused, I do not play ASA at all. I know the old standards, Utrip was always better but I thought the new ASA standards allowed a hotter bat. I'm looking for something to throw in my bag since my Craze is pushing 3500 cuts, kind of like getting a new puppy while your old dog is about to die...

Don't get the dual stamp one if you aren't playing ASA. Get either the balanced USSSA one (Taylormade or White/black) if you want to go balanced (this will feel the closest to your crazes as crazes are balanced- the utrip craze is my favorite bat of all time and it was a very smooth transition to my balanced TM blackout).

The endloaded ones (black/yellow or black/red freedom edition) are also very good, but do have a noticeable endload.

They will take at least 500 hits to really break in, but then get progressively hotter from there on out and last for thousands of hits (most durable new stamp bat, hands down).

I like them both..white is balanced and black is end loaded...they also have the black/ blue which is ASA legal too...I think the craze had some end load, so u should probably get the black one since that one has the end load

Craze is balanced, no endload.

Yes.

I'm just wondering which one performs better, the all association black/blue or the non ASA white black one?

Non ASA, hands down.

Blk/White and Blk/Yellow open up after 100 or so and both are ok, but IMO not on par with other Utrip bats.

Very wrong, they aren't even close to being broken in at 100 hits.. you gave up on it way too early. They take a while to break in, but once they do they are on par with any new stamp usssa bat on the market and will last a heck of a lot longer.

NDrobber, sounds like your giving up to early on the utrip blackouts. These take at least 400 to break in, and can hang with the best if not the best. The best thing about these bats, they seem to pass the compression test better than any other hot bat. Other bats fail when they get hot, while blackouts still get hotter and passes. For utrip, Mizuno got the chemistry dialed down!

Yes.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
I'm in agreement with wheels - these can hang with anything out right now. the only thing i'd say about the blackouts is i could see why they are not for everyone. they are not nearly as forgiving as say a z2k IMO. however if you catch one on the screws it's going to smoke the ball as hard and/or as far as any other bat.

sweet spot will grow on the blackouts as well as they get more and more hits...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Any of the Blackouts are the best bang for the buck new stamp bats out right now. And that's coming from an absolute Combat junky. Seen a few well over 1,000 swings and flat piss on the ball. SS definitely consumes the whole barrel. Not to mention they're absolute tanks.

Hard to tell that I like the Blackouts? :eek:

ck1

The Madness
I'm dying to try one of these but there are some other offerings that are great values as well as they are selling for $120-160 and have a warranty. They will also perform well once they get 1000 cuts on them. My favorite new stamp bats are the ST100 and CL22. How does the blackout compare?

Serious question. To a person like me that knows little about Mizuno, what sets the blackout apart? Hearing phrases like "performs as well", isn't exactly a differentiator.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
I'm dying to try one of these but there are some other offerings that are great values as well as they are selling for $120-160 and have a warranty. They will also perform well once they get 1000 cuts on them. My favorite new stamp bats are the ST100 and CL22. How does the blackout compare?

Serious question. To a person like me that knows little about Mizuno, what sets the blackout apart? Hearing phrases like "performs as well", isn't exactly a differentiator.

You don't need a warranty on the blackout, there's a reason this bat has been out for almost 2 years and you don't ever see a thread about someone complaining about not getting their money's worth or it breaking prematurely.

Compared to any other new stamp bat, the blackout will last the longest at peak performance.. (which when fully broken in the distance/exit speed is as good as any other bat).

I've seen them sell minty for $85-100 here recently.. can't beat that value.

kinetic1

Freak+ Serial Killer
i'm in agreement with wheels - these can hang with anything out right now. The only thing i'd say about the blackouts is i could see why they are not for everyone. They are not nearly as forgiving as say a z2k imo. However if you catch one on the screws it's going to smoke the ball as hard and/or as far as any other bat.

^^^ 100% fact! ^^^

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
You wanna swing my blackout? Bet you could hold the barrel and still hit the sweetspot.!!¡!!

I differ on my view of the sweetspot. With that big barrel i was expecting to find it dead center ..
I seem to make contact toward the endcap. From swing one this bat had good pop way out at the T. It may not be as forgiving as the Z but that is a different feeling bat. Four digit swings in and im not sure if it ever fully broke in. By then handle shots were flying out.
The blackout really should be for everyone.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

Getting the distance and pop out of a bat that you can still bp the crap out of........to someday get even better.....that is the biggest difference/selling point to me.

Ck.......imagine a Legend strapped in a One utrip body :)

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
You don't need a warranty on the blackout, there's a reason this bat has been out for almost 2 years and you don't ever see a thread about someone complaining about not getting their money's worth or it breaking prematurely.

Compared to any other new stamp bat, the blackout will last the longest at peak performance.. (which when fully broken in the distance/exit speed is as good as any other bat).

I've seen them sell minty for $85-100 here recently.. can't beat that value.

This is a good way of describing it. Some of the newer Eastons may last as long, but they generally don't break in as quickly so you lose game swings over the Blackouts.

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans

You were right Wheels33. A buddy and I put another 300 cuts on my TM and it is on fire. New Freedom/ISA/Freedom gamer hands down.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
This is a good way of describing it. Some of the newer Eastons may last as long, but they generally don't break in as quickly so you lose game swings over the Blackouts.

Man, my 100h has been hot since about 150 hits.

You can find the EL ones for around $100 on here, give or take a few $. The Taylormade's are harder to find, but I do have the regular balanced one. Can't wait to swing it in the cages Saturday.

Exactly, the Taylormade doesn't perform better, it just has a different paint job and limited release. I'll still collect one at some point though. :)

westy8

the rotweiller
I have 2-27oz Taylormade Blackouts, Asa blackout as well. I can't seem to put down Taylormade for anything. I have a NIW one that I need to hit and have it ready to go, but this this is so durable after 400-500 swings I don't see anything wrong with it. I've never had a bat last this long. I have always broke them buy now. That's why I have a freedom edition coming soon, black/green one. Collect them as I go, I will update soon on Asa blackout, I'm gonna start hitting it this week

Yes, they are the exact same as the regular Blackouts, just a different paint job. They are all stamped with the new NSA and USSSA stamps.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Yes, they are the exact same as the regular Blackouts, just a different paint job. They are all stamped with the new NSA and USSSA stamps.

Good to know. I have fallen in love with my Craze.... Time to start saving for a Blackout.