Corndog softball vs baseball bat

luvberry87

Addicted to Softballfans
Got a wooden bat tournament coming. Is there a performance difference between the softball version and baseball versio of this bat? Baseball price is half the price. Thanks

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I swing a $18 Rawlings wood softball bat, doubt there's much difference other than feel & swing weight vs the corndog.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
maybe length? Baseball usually has some higher weights in the longer bats like 31/34 where the softball one would be 28-30/34 not positive though.

t-forty

Star Player
Can't speak for performance, but 2 5/8" barrel vs 2 1/4" and 31-34" vs 34". Kinda unfair to use a larger barrel in softball.

I swing a $18 Rawlings wood softball bat, doubt there's much difference other than feel & swing weight vs the corndog.

I have a Brett Bros wood bat and my teammate has a Corndog. Huge difference. Corndog is 2 piece with a composite handle. You don't get the sting when you don't hit the sweet spot. Corndog had more distance too.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Corndog will way out hit an old school ASA wood softball bat. More mass in the barrel, less in the handle, more whip. I love doing tee work with the Corn, great workout.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I need to give one one try then, I like swinging wood for coed and the local ASA league using 52's, something pure about it.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
You get one yet Chromie? I went out in the 30 degree, 20 with the wind chill, & clear blue sky today and hit three full buckets off the tee with my Corndog. One bucket to the pull, power side and the other two working on oppo line drives. Great workout, beats the hell out of going to the gym.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Nope, not really any deals to be had & I'm still healing from knee surgery, gonna be another couple weeks before I'm BP or doing any real working out. And if i have to get surgery on the other knee it will be even longer.