Corneal replacement anyone?

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
10/24/2011 7:46am
2d00b6f1.jpg

This is my right eye as I'm waiting for surgery. It is an outpatient procedure so I should be able to update later on today. As of today I am officially a no go on any games for at least 1 month most likely longer as my vision will fluctuate. Wish me luck guys. See ya later.

dfresh27

Too much smoke going into the eye :eek:. Doesn't look good, hopefully you are a candidate for the replacement. Damn... I should just read the whole post. Good luck Zoot!

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
I saw a segment on "60 Minutes" (I believe) yesterday that reported on an infant who got corneal transplants and it was a fantastic success. I think you'll be pleased.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Hey, good luck man. Hopefully all went well and you're well on your way to recovery. Make sure you tell the nurses that they are beautiful ;)

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Danny

Bro best of luck hurry back, I will hold down third base for ya bro. Get better!!!!!! And soon bro, send me a text when u feel up to it!!!!!

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
10/25/2011 before post op appointment
0eebba39.jpg

Rather uneventful night, I pretty much slept all day. The procedure took a little longer than expected. Luckily my hospital is very big on pain management so I had a rather large shot of morphine :cool:. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everyone. Oh and the laser and X-ray eye were sold out :( so I just had them install the same one they put in "The Machine". Maybe now I'll be able to rake like Pujols :eek:.

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
Z - good to hear things went well. FWIW, I think you're more than halfway to several good Halloween costumes - a bottle of rum and a sword and you're a pirate or a bottle of ketchup for the Friday the 13th/Freddy K look :D

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
You know, I couldn't find my cup a while ago. I see they taped it to your eye :D

Heal up quick, sir!

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
10/25/2011 patch off
63cea70d.jpg

I was leaning more towards the pirate costume.

Eddie that's a mighty small cup you got there ;):p

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Cup

10/25/2011 patch off
63cea70d.jpg

I was leaning more towards the pirate costume.

Eddie that's a mighty small cup you got there ;):p

Yea but at least he knows where to wear it :eek::rolleyes:, LOL.
Glad it went well hurry up and get better, I had to order new rubber bands for my arm ib=n case I gotta play third :eek::eek:. Call me bro!!!!!!!
BTW my eye has looked a lot worse on a few mornings....... IJS

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Just left my 2nd post op appointment and everything is progressing positively. I still have a fair amount of photo sensitivity and pain/discomfort but am healing properly and on my way to being back to "normal". Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everybody keep them coming :D.