Cracked J3A

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
My new J3A cracked in the first 20 hits. The crack keeps getting bigger, but even with the crack it still outperforms all the other team bats. Hitting 44/ 375s. Anyone else have the same durability issues? I Need to send it back but I don't want to be without my best bat for a few weeks.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
I put some packaging tape on the crack, was told it will hold the paint together incase ump does a hand test on the bat. Mine now has a 3-4 inch crack on it and it still crushing the ball. I hit opposite the crack. i will swing it until she blows then send it back for another. You have to have the mindset that this bat is built for performance not durability. I would buy a new one every year if i had to.

dgb002

Manager
I would keep swinging it if you can. I talked with Demarini CS this morning about my 27 J3A I sent in that got the paint crack, and they said the j3a's are on backorder right now until late July. The only weight they had for returns was 28, so I would hang on to it and swing it until she is in two pieces.

Bubaloo

Manager
Girl on my team cracked hers in the first 100 and Demarini has nothing. They offered her a fu dog and she wouldn't take it. They have her end of July for replacements :O
Is this bat this legit? Only saw a girl swing it so hard to judge. Durability isn't there if it cracks this fast though

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
The crack isn't on all of them. My 27oz has 300 hits and still looks great. All the hits were with 44/375.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
i have no sympathy for anyone who swings these bats using 44/375s

The bat holds up fine against harder balls. The bat is not broken when you get the vertical crack i repeat its not broken with the vertical. Its just a very thin outershell that cracks but the inside will be fine for a very long time after this happens. I have had 3 j3a all get the same vertical crack and all of them were tanks after that happened. So again don't be stupid and return a very hot bat just because u see a vertical starting it will still last a long time and keep getting better.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
my crack has not gotten any better and the bat is ridiculous. let a teammate hit it last night and now he is a believer. got a flipper AM and might have to sell it because it was no where close to the J3 out of the wrapper. yes there are some durability issues, but i believe that it is worth it and i will buy another and another...

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
J3a can get a paint crack with either ball, I don't think it matters to be honest. Lots of guys will tell you that it is "designed" for the 52/300 but I don't believe these paint cracks make any difference regarding what the bat is designed for. The paint layer is pretty thick and you can crack that paint layer with either ball. If you don't get a paint crack, the bat will not snap in half using the 44/400.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate mainly 44/375 with my j3 probably has around 300 hits now and not slowing down at all. No paint cracks or anything has a slight ping sound almost but it's flat out nasty.

My bat is holding up fine. Lots of smacks, cuts, hits, bombs,pokes, walk offs, and people offering to buy it. 400+ on this panty dropper. All 44/375. One of my close buddies had one early in the release, rolled it, cracked quick.

spank044

Manager
I just talked to Demarini CS this morning as well. My J3A cracked at 28 hits and still looks like new except for the crack and the peeling. The umps check the bats before the game so it got thrown out at the second game. i asked for an AM for replacement, but they said no. They also said that I would get a NR bat because it was more than a month old on the receipt. Overall terrible CS experience. So make sure they have your bat weight in stock before you send it in.

kebnt

Coach
I just talked to Demarini CS this morning as well. My J3A cracked at 28 hits and still looks like new except for the crack and the peeling. The umps check the bats before the game so it got thrown out at the second game. i asked for an AM for replacement, but they said no. They also said that I would get a NR bat because it was more than a month old on the receipt. Overall terrible CS experience. So make sure they have your bat weight in stock before you send it in.

Did you use the packing tape on the crack or just let it be? My vertical crack seems to have gotten a little raised since after I first noticed it and it seems like it would definitely be more noticeable from running a hand over it.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
I would keep swinging it if you can. I talked with Demarini CS this morning about my 27 J3A I sent in that got the paint crack, and they said the j3a's are on backorder right now until late July. The only weight they had for returns was 28, so I would hang on to it and swing it until she is in two pieces.

at least they are making another batch! my 2 j3a's should last until august - no cracks on either the 200 hit or niw

Yah once it cracked outer shell
Or
Not the sound is wierd. Pings

engrish prease

My bat is holding up fine. Lots of smacks, cuts, hits, bombs,pokes, walk offs, and people offering to buy it. 400+ on this panty dropper. All 44/375. One of my close buddies had one early in the release, rolled it, cracked quick.

this bat hits 350'+ the first swing outta the wrapper why would ne one roll it :confused:

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel lucky I'm at about 500-600 cuts with no issues at all other than the paint is wearing really fast looks like it has acouple thousand swings on it already . It's one of the first ones too bat is on fire makes dam near everyone a HR hitter .

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
This is one of my J3s... Im pretty sure its just a paint crack. It's absolutely killing right now so I'm happy.

It's an NR so just gonna swing away.

null-81.jpg