Cramers?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Anyone got a line on where to find jars of the old Cramers Firm Grip paste? Finally ran out aftwr all these years.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya....been looking for awhile but can't find it anymore. I just about bought a jar a few years ago but decided not too...Darn. I still have a tube but that'll be the last of it I think.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Closest I've seen is a paste by Mueller but haven't actually tried it. Yes I've Googled it, it's not my first rodeo. Cramer's discontinued it but hoping someone had some stashed away somewhere

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Closest I've seen is a paste by Mueller but haven't actually tried it. Yes I've Googled it, it's not my first rodeo. Cramer's discontinued it but hoping someone had some stashed away somewhere

Whats the Mueller grip called? Mueller paste?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I love Tiger stick. I've used it, Evil's bat wax, and some spray a friend had. I love Tiger Stick. It's VERY tacky, lasts longer than the spray and does not get runny or loose tack in 100 degree weather. The Evil seemed to like my hands as much as the bat, and didn't take the heat well. The spray was great, but only lasted one or two swings. I'm not saying Tiger Stick won't get on your hands or change a little bit in the heat, but it mostly stays on the grip where you rubbed it, and at over 100 degrees it was still better than the other two in normal temps.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I love Tiger stick. I've used it, Evil's bat wax, and some spray a friend had. I love Tiger Stick. It's VERY tacky, lasts longer than the spray and does not get runny or loose tack in 100 degree weather. The Evil seemed to like my hands as much as the bat, and didn't take the heat well. The spray was great, but only lasted one or two swings. I'm not saying Tiger Stick won't get on your hands or change a little bit in the heat, but it mostly stays on the grip where you rubbed it, and at over 100 degrees it was still better than the other two in normal temps.

Wonder how it does in cold temps (below 60). Some of the pastes and sticks just get slick because it because hard.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I used it last fall and this spring with no problems. I know we had a few games under 60. To the best of my memory, it did get pretty hard, but I don't remember it getting slick. Something else might be better in the cold, but since using it, I have not had a need for anything else.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I used it last fall and this spring with no problems. I know we had a few games under 60. To the best of my memory, it did get pretty hard, but I don't remember it getting slick. Something else might be better in the cold, but since using it, I have not had a need for anything else.

Might have to try it. Not sure anything will help much in the really cold weather. I know when it gets down to 40 nothing really works well but then I'm not doing a lot of hitting at that temp. I remember hitting the green shrek asa catalyst in 30 degree temps. I wanted to break it in and the cramers just got so slick I went without any on my gloves. That bat is just a tank...think it wore me out :)

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the benefit of this? Have you hit both with and without and you see a distance increase?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Might have to try it. Not sure anything will help much in the really cold weather. I know when it gets down to 40 nothing really works well but then I'm not doing a lot of hitting at that temp. I remember hitting the green shrek asa catalyst in 30 degree temps. I wanted to break it in and the cramers just got so slick I went without any on my gloves. That bat is just a tank...think it wore me out :)

I haven't tried, but I bet if you hold on to the bat for a minute the handle would warm up. I don't wear gloves. I've only applied grip enhancers to the bat handle. Before I found Tiger Stick, I had settled on applying a fresh wrap of medical tape every two or three weeks. The Tiger Stick is better and quicker.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the benefit of this? Have you hit both with and without and you see a distance increase?

Not exactly. I would say that if you're having any trouble holding the bat, then will increase your consistency and power just by being able to take a fully wing and focus on the ball without thinking about holding the bat. My 36oz Clincher can be hard to hold on to. Any endloaded bat can be if you swing it fast enough. Some days work tires my grip out a little more than others. You should not have a consciously tight grip, but moving a bat fast requires good grip strength. The heavier and more endloaded it is, the more grip strength it takes. The grip enhancer just helps hold on the bat with a little less conscious squeeze. Some people don't swing hard enough to need it, some people don't swing a heavy enough bat to need it, some people have a really strong grip and don't need it. My grip has always been proportionally weak. It's probably stronger than average, but compared to the rest of me, it's lagging. In highschool powerlifting my grip was my weak point on deadlift until my senior year. Before that, if I could hold it, I could deadlift it. After focusing on grip work my senior year, my deadlift shot up to 530lbs. I don't do grip work anymore. The rest of me is far stronger than in highschool, but I highly doubt I could hold onto anywhere near 530lbs if I tried to deadlift it today.

Last edited:

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans

For me it so I don't have to put a death grip on the bat. I sweat a lot and with just bare hands or even gloves the bat tends to slip so I grip it tighter without even really knowing that I am. I know when it rains the gloves are worthless I just use the paste on the grip and I never worry about letting it fly.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't tried, but I bet if you hold on to the bat for a minute the handle would warm up. I don't wear gloves. I've only applied grip enhancers to the bat handle. Before I found Tiger Stick, I had settled on applying a fresh wrap of medical tape every two or three weeks. The Tiger Stick is better and quicker.

Ya...I'm anal about the bat grip. I love the leather because it holds the paste better and with the gloves it works great. I know I can put very much on because it sticks like crazy. I wear the gloves mostly because of the paste, no mess on your hands. I've gotten so use to gloves that I don't know if I could give them up....like I said just anal about the grip/glove thing.