Crooked bats?

lukeamdman

Over the years I've now had two bats (both Mikens) that were crooked. The first one was a 2017 DC-41 ASA, and most recently a Freak Primo Supermax.

With both of these you could barely see visually that they were crooked, but it became much more obvious when you put the bat on a flat surface and rolled it.

Here's a quick video of the bent Primo compared to a KP23:

Anyone else have this issue or am I just that lucky?

milesej05

The Rookie
Kinda hard to take this seriously when you don't show that the barrel is staying flat on the ground when you are rolling it.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
resize.php

lukeamdman

So do you notice any type of difference whatsoever when swinging? Just curious.

I brought the 17' DC to a BP and several of us were hitting more inconsistently than normal. That led to one of the guys looking at it because he thought it was crooked, and sure enough it was.

Miken replaced it under warranty without question but now I check every bat I get.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never dealt with a crooked bat but I do have a 2017 Worth EST that was my return for a broken one, that measures in at 33.75" instead of 34.

Pretty

Softball is cool
For the guys that have been around, some might remember the exact bats but there were some worth/ mikes around 2013 that the taper and handle connection area , the taper hole wasn’t centered exact creating what your video shows. I think it was the jh pinky asa and the freak black.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
For the guys that have been around, some might remember the exact bats but there were some worth/ mikes around 2013 that the taper and handle connection area , the taper hole wasn’t centered exact creating what your video shows. I think it was the jh pinky asa and the freak black.

I think it was just about every 2 piece Worth/Miken. That's what gave rise to the hilarious "BP side/game side" rumour.

Mrchata

I brought the 17' DC to a BP and several of us were hitting more inconsistently than normal. That led to one of the guys looking at it because he thought it was crooked, and sure enough it was.

Miken replaced it under warranty without question but now I check every bat I get.
Got me in the garage checking the arsenal lol!!!!

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
This happens ... do you ever have your bats under **** in the trunk? Drop something on them? (Heavy bag of balls... bricks... ladder...) you can bend them by doing dumb **** like this. I have. If not I’m sure the good folks at Miken will do a return for you. Machines aren’t perfect. I’ve seen it though.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

there were some others lumped in there too. Just about all of them from that period had a little bit of that imperfection to them.

I would agree with you and say that’s probably what’s going on here as well.