curious if anyone has seen this ball before.

Evox267

Addicted to Softballfans
So last night in asa league we played a team that was hitting a tattoo .52 300 ball that didnt have an asa stamp on it but it said global sports authority on it. When put up against the evils we were using they were outhitting the evils by a bunch. We asked league director about them since they didnt have a stamp and he gave them the ok to use them just because it said .52 300 on it. Ive never seen them before and every search i do for them on them internet has come up empty handed even when i search the part number of them. Im starting to become suspicious about them. Im wondering if anyone else has seen them before.

majicmike

Starting Player
I know expert by any means and haven't been on here long but I believe there is a Evil Ball Rep on the site. Should get some answers soon.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
I'd be suspicious because of the lack of ASA stamp and the fact that the threads aren't all red.

Last edited:

Toad_1

I can't hit
The only TATTOO I could find with multi-coloe stitch are 47-525. Not sure if they are the same but… It could explain a few things.

Evox267

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya i could only find those also. A guy i know locally said the only place he has ever seen them was at gsa worlds. And he heard they were specifically made for the tournament. Im curious how they got a case of them then because no one on their team is anywhere near gsa world material.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
U got jacked for sure, take it up w/ ur LD or GSA TD...:mod:
A ball that you can't buy sends up all types of red flags...:banned:

ar2x7

Substance & Style
Per the maker of that ball, they are indeed 52/300, just flew really well as Tattoos will in the fall/cold weather

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Ya i could only find those also. A guy i know locally said the only place he has ever seen them was at gsa worlds. And he heard they were specifically made for the tournament. Im curious how they got a case of them then because no one on their team is anywhere near gsa world material.

I would guess that is the answer. They do advertise if you buy 100 doz they will stamp the ball with your assoc or whatever.

The Tattoo 52/300 do IMO outperform the Evil's they just don't last as long. I wouldn't use them in more than 1 game.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
We got those in our GSA 40+ tournies this year. It's a good ball but it is a 52/300. I never played in an ASA league that didn't require an ASA stamp on the ball though...

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
All we use is Tattoos for BP etc. They fly just as good or better than any other 52/300 I have hit. And as for durability we have been hitting the same balls in BP for a couple years without any issues. Except for the ones that get cut or whatever they last. I wouldn't use a 2 year old ball in a game cause we always have new ones but they still fly being that old.

MB:)

M

MJL 00

All we use is Tattoos for BP etc. They fly just as good or better than any other 52/300 I have hit. And as for durability we have been hitting the same balls in BP for a couple years without any issues. Except for the ones that get cut or whatever they last. I wouldn't use a 2 year old ball in a game cause we always have new ones but they still fly being that old.

MB:)

Speaks the truth, hit with them when they were in town tattoo balls seems to fly no problem at all, their big left still hit the ball a LONG WAY hahahaha