Custom Glovesmith

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking at ordering a custom glovesmith today. I'm wondering if anyone has had a single post single bar web made from them and how wide would they make one?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I think 5.25" is the widest they go. The larger gloves might have the double-bars on them by default but you could probably specify the single-bar. Both the 1225's I have seen have the double-bar web. Rous should have more info.

mikgars

Manager
5.25 is what I specified on mine but I'm pretty sure they can go wider if you want. Just include it in the "anything else" box. There are some pics of mine in the "official how's it play" thread if you want to see a 5.25 mod trap. Btw congrats.

mikgars

Manager
Thanks. This past week has worn me out. I thought I get myself a new glove.

If you are going to need something game ready quick you should know the dt leather is going to put up a heck of a fight. I broke down and finally got a mallet.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Which model? Onc the web gets long enough, they worry that you are going to try to catch a line drive baseball and it will go through the holes and hit you in the face. So they will really want to add another cross bar at either the base or in the middle (see below). The size of the holes only goes up when you add width.

In general though, if you want the web to play deep and wide, I'd ask for the top bar to be 5" wide, the middle bar to be 5.25" wide, and the length to be increased 1/4"-3/8" from what they would normally put on the glove. You have to add some length or the web will play wide, but not get as deep.

The dual hinge web on my 504 is 5" wide at the top, 5.25" at mid web and is 1/4" longer than the usual H-web they put on them (with a width of 4.5").

Gators21

Manager
I'm looking at ordering a custom glovesmith today. I'm wondering if anyone has had a single post single bar web made from them and how wide would they make one?

Just spoke to Bart today to confirm my custom order and specs. Really nice guy. Looks like mine will be finished in 3-4 weeks!

chazerous

I ordered one last Wednesday, he said close to 4 weeks to finish. I downloaded instagram so I could like at some of the other customs they've done to hold me over. 12.25 DT wheat with Grey split welting and Grey DT patches. I CAN'T WAIT!

chazerous

I ended up going 12.25 dt wheat h web with some other stuff to fit my fancy.

Ya, I got no palm pad, thick inserts and asked for the thumb and pinky to be left untied. I really like how easily accessible they are and willing to give you what you want.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea that's pretty much how I got mine but with a long wide web andbthe button lap is .25 smaller for my not so xtra large hands

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I really like being able to spec the witch of the pocket, to me that is what makes a good softball pattern

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel the same way. Being able to make the web wider and a little longer and able to make it comfortable with two in the pinky goes a long way with me.

MaverickAH

Gloves are the one piece of equipment which no association seems to their own rules. It's probably for the best as they are all different & I can't imagine what it would be like if gloves started requiring stamps the same as bats! :wtf2:

Let's take web widths along the top of gloves, for example:
ASA: 5" max.
USSSA: 4.5" max.
NSA: 5.75" max.

Those are significant differences but that's what's in their respective rule books.

To further point out the craziness that would ensue if associations went by the letter of their own laws, NSA only allows for size increases in .5" increments from a minimum size of 8". That would make gloves of 1/4" increment illegal. No 11.75", 12.25", 12.75", etc....... Imagine the uproar!!!:p

Took about 2 weeks to get it to where I was comfortable to game it. Little bit of the supplied glove honey in the palm and inside and followed Aso method, besides the water. Still needs a little more work.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I tend to use a little hot water on mine but I think this one will just get the mallet and just some catch.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is a 1250USA next to a PRO-TB. I have been toying with getting one, but have not pulled the trigger. It looks a lot like a 504 in this pic.

Last edited: