Daurbanlegend & Goosepimp 2014 DeMarini Demo

Zilla49

<font color="#FF3399">Zilla Monster</font>
Obviously some hr's are line drives or high fly balls.Whether it goes 301' or 360' it's a HR. But one is more likely to associate a HR with a deep fly ball which I feel I can get easily out of the juggy mercy and aftermath. Personally the one feels more like I'd be trying for more linedrives when using. My personal review.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
I went out hitting with board bros on Saturday in Jackson. I will start out saying I prefer the 13" barrel and the stiff handle (like the Fu Dawg) but went into the review open minded. We do not have U-Trip in our area so did not swing the CL22 much, so can not give a super honest review on the one.

Juggy (27oz) - Felt similar to last years J3. This bat felt that the harder you swung the less the bat performed. Felt more endloaded than last years. When you connected with the ball on a good hit, the bat made a loud crack and the exit speed was scary. I didn't notice any "flex" that everyone complains about.

The ONE (27oz) - This bat was my second favorite bat from the test. I loved the feel of the bat. It felt great and performed extremely well. I felt like it had the most control of the bats I swung. Even though it claims endload, I felt it was balanced.

Mercy (26oz) - This years Mercy actually feels like a bat to me. It has a slight endload, compared to last years balanced. It started out stiff, after a round of testing the sound changed and it started to perform. No durability issues with the amount we swung it.

Aftermath (27oz) - My favorite bat from the test. It had a feel like last years Aftermath. It swung easily, and the bat came through the zone nice. Every hit, the bat sounded like a shotgun. The exit speed was amazing. This is the bat I will be purchasing this year out of the new line.

CL22 (27oz) - Swung this one very little as we only have ASA around here. It felt much like the Juggy to me with less endload. Only took about 10 hits, so not gonna be able to give much detail.

If I was to rate for feel the list would be
1)Aftermath
2)The One
3)Mercy
4)Juggy
5)CL22

Performance list would be
1)Aftermath
2)Mercy
3)Juggy
4)The One
5)CL22

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I went out hitting with board bros on Saturday in Jackson. I will start out saying I prefer the 13" barrel and the stiff handle (like the Fu Dawg) but went into the review open minded. We do not have U-Trip in our area so did not swing the CL22 much, so can not give a super honest review on the one.

Juggy (27oz) - Felt similar to last years J3. This bat felt that the harder you swung the less the bat performed. Felt more endloaded than last years. When you connected with the ball on a good hit, the bat made a loud crack and the exit speed was scary. I didn't notice any "flex" that everyone complains about.

The ONE (27oz) - This bat was my second favorite bat from the test. I loved the feel of the bat. It felt great and performed extremely well. I felt like it had the most control of the bats I swung. Even though it claims endload, I felt it was balanced.

Mercy (26oz) - This years Mercy actually feels like a bat to me. It has a slight endload, compared to last years balanced. It started out stiff, after a round of testing the sound changed and it started to perform. No durability issues with the amount we swung it.

Aftermath (27oz) - My favorite bat from the test. It had a feel like last years Aftermath. It swung easily, and the bat came through the zone nice. Every hit, the bat sounded like a shotgun. The exit speed was amazing. This is the bat I will be purchasing this year out of the new line.

CL22 (27oz) - Swung this one very little as we only have ASA around here. It felt much like the Juggy to me with less endload. Only took about 10 hits, so not gonna be able to give much detail.

If I was to rate for feel the list would be
1)Aftermath
2)The One
3)Mercy
4)Juggy
5)CL22

Performance list would be
1)Aftermath
2)Mercy
3)Juggy
4)The One
5)CL22

What balls were you hitting?

DeMarini turned some heads in the Dayton area tonight!

What's your fav?

Rega17

'MERICA
I like what I've been hearing about the 2014 mercy. The old one is hot but too balanced for me to swing effectively. Sounds like this new one swings with a bit more load which would be great for me.

tmowell

Addicted to Softballfans

Yes they did! I was very impressed with this year's line. I was a huge fan of last year's J3a and didn't think that DeMarini would be able to match or top it but they clearly have. We used a mix of 52 275/300 balls and the ball jumped off of the Juggy hitting seeds. The load is definitely different but the feel and exit speed is there.

I have never been a fan of The One but out of the new line that was the bat that everyone was impressed with the most. A bat that meets both standards and has an amazing feel.

To rate them:

1. Juggy
2. Aftermath
3. The One
4. Mercy
5. Cl22

mjsoftball2002

Addicted to Softballfans

Thanks for the demo last night.. I am for sure a louisville guy when it comes to utrip but demarini has the asa market locked up for sure... the juggy and aftermath made me like demarini again

damiannickolei

Banned User
just swung the new line.

for me it went
Mercy
aftermath
future
one
juggy

the juggy had a stiffer barrel than last year and looks like it's gonna take some break in time.
the one was stiff as well but the ball left the bat smoothly
the mercy and aftermath were just ridiculous. I would take on the zombie apocolypse with these bats and quite possibly win
The biggest surprise for me was the future. It was a 27.5 oz and I swing 26 oz bats and I had no problem getting this around. Ball came off very well with it and I will be preordering one.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Seems crazy to me that people are rating the cl22 as the lowest. Last years is the hottest legal bat I have swung in my opinion .

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Thanks for the demo last night.. I am for sure a louisville guy when it comes to utrip but demarini has the asa market locked up for sure... the juggy and aftermath made me like demarini again

No problem bud glad you could make it out!!!!

What's your fav?[/QUOTE]

Tough decision's ....

I swung the FU AM and Mercy last year mostly....I didn't hate the J3...i knew it was nice but didn't care to swing it.....quick review...today was first day to really swing these and give them a chance...most of my bats are over 500 cuts appprox...possibly more on others after two demos this weekend and Monday...

that being said after hitting them again today i would have to say that there is a bat for everyone in this years lineup....The ONE really stands out to me for being an ALL ASSOC bat ...no sacrifice in performance and there is NO ABSOLUTE WAY its a repainted FU Dawg....The AM is the AM if you liked last years you will love this years again but i STRESS low comp use with this model, just expect quicker break in and game use only if you are hitting anything other than 52/300 ...still crushes all ball types....the sound is just filthy.....this years Juggy ASA might be hard for me not to swing...for some reason it feels perfect in hand and swings like buttah....also shoots peace missuls like the cool kids say.... definitely the perfect storm for ASA playas....definitely deserves a look for non juggy lovers and OG juggy/J3A lovers as well....Mercy feels a lot better when swinging compared to last years...feels like there is a touch of arse in it compared to last years....one thing that was mentioned while breaking this in that it is not as hot from the start compared to last years....but after a couple hundred cuts it was right back in line with the green mercy....and last but not least the CL22....

I really came away from today's indoor BP NOT liking this bat...I only swung this in my first round which is typically a warm up kinda round for me when i take BP....i really didn't love last years CL22 either but in all fairness they came out late and i didn't have the time to really give it the love it needed....that being said when swinging this years 2014 CL22 (after at least 500 BP cuts prior) it didn't feel like i was getting into it and it felt loggish compared to the ONE ALL ASSOC bat.....after going back and watching the footage from the BP i am shocked how well the ball traveled upon impact with this bat....I had not realized how well this bat was performing due to the stiff barrel feel i was getting.....i have video of all the swings...i do not edit...this is raw...we used mostly a mix of 52/300 ASA Xrocks, HyCon 52/300, 52 evil BP lites, Classic Plus 52/275 and some misc 44/375 balls mixed in....

I will add videos as I upload them to YT.....:biggthumpup:

remember I am just a lower level, NO talent, rec baller with a lazy swing who hasn't hit much since October so dont expect much :cool:;):)

some of the pitches were getting into the light banks behind Mike(daurbanlegend) which didn't help but at least there's a few decent hacks in there...also rough day behind the net for Mike...:D

if you want HD change your you tube setting to 720p or 1080p ....all filming done using a GoPro Hero Silver3+ :thumb:

here's my first round with the CL22....

Mike's first round with CL22.....

Juggy ASA

Last edited by a moderator:

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
just swung the new line.

for me it went
Mercy
aftermath
future
one
juggy

the juggy had a stiffer barrel than last year and looks like it's gonna take some break in time.
the one was stiff as well but the ball left the bat smoothly
the mercy and aftermath were just ridiculous. I would take on the zombie apocolypse with these bats and quite possibly win
The biggest surprise for me was the future. It was a 27.5 oz and I swing 26 oz bats and I had no problem getting this around. Ball came off very well with it and I will be preordering one.

you even lift bro? ;):D

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Seems crazy to me that people are rating the cl22 as the lowest. Last years is the hottest legal bat I have swung in my opinion .

read my post carefully above....i think its just a FEEL thing....you either love it or hate it or you haven't broken it in yet....and the ASA bats just seem to be Fiya compared to the utrip...don't sleep on the ONE......

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
read my post carefully above....i think its just a FEEL thing....you either love it or hate it or you haven't broken it in yet....and the ASA bats just seem to be Fiya compared to the utrip...don't sleep on the ONE......

I dug this years CL22 with the stiffer barrel. Ball felt nice coming off. I think I might like it more than this years. I think people also didn't like it cause of how light they feel. The 27 we got to swing felt on the light side to me. I swing a 26oz 2013 CL22 and I think they feel the same. I'm looking forward to the CL22, Future, Juggy and AM.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
I dug this years CL22 with the stiffer barrel. Ball felt nice coming off. I think I might like it more than this years. I think people also didn't like it cause of how light they feel. The 27 we got to swing felt on the light side to me. I swing a 26oz 2013 CL22 and I think they feel the same. I'm looking forward to the CL22, Future, Juggy and AM.

my 27oz CL22 weighs 26oz approx as well...hopefully when line fully launches the weights will be closer to sticker weights....all my other bats are spot on at 27oz besides the ONE it was also a hair over 26oz....mercy was 26.3....

Last edited:

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
That's an awesome place to swing, I wish we had something like that here. Nice hits........ pitcher needed a net above his head as well lol

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Why is it in Mike's vids the whole place shakes but not in your vids, josh?

cause Mike is the Beast of the East!

camera was setup right next to the net behind the plate and depending on where u hit the net near the ceiling it would shake and would hit up against the GoPro... then I moved it away from the net towards the end.... I just got the GoPro for Christmas and it's one of the best gifts I've received in a long time (shout out to mom - love you-thanks for the GoPro!) If you are wanting to film BP and be able to upload to you tube with ease even in HD get one of these you will not regret it! Just need to keep messing with it to learn how to get the best results out of it....

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a 3+ as well, hoping to get some vids, good to hear uploading them is easy, as I've never done it. I've played very little with the editing software on the gopro site.

lx_2nv

Coach
On a side note - what memory card is everyone using? I have a Hero 3 - and would like to film myself hitting, and more importantly film my car at the drag strip. Do some cards have better/faster process speeds?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't remember what brand mine is, but it's 32gb from best buy. I can't be 100%, but I think the manual says to only use certain cards. Again, not 100%, but I'm not sure how the brand of the card could cause problems.....

I want to say I think it's a SanDisk 32gb micro. Not 100% though

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
cause Mike is the Beast of the East!

camera was setup right next to the net behind the plate and depending on where u hit the net near the ceiling it would shake and would hit up against the GoPro... then I moved it away from the net towards the end.... I just got the GoPro for Christmas and it's one of the best gifts I've received in a long time (shout out to mom - love you-thanks for the GoPro!) If you are wanting to film BP and be able to upload to you tube with ease even in HD get one of these you will not regret it! Just need to keep messing with it to learn how to get the best results out of it....

Best quality video I think I have seen on here. Gonna have to get me one of them.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
I got a 3+ as well, hoping to get some vids, good to hear uploading them is easy, as I've never done it. I've played very little with the editing software on the gopro site.

I dont have any editing experience so i don't mess with it....might throw together a vid from all the filming i did over the weekend...when i get a chance...

there is a nice cheat sheet for shutter speed and video quality i found on a site(just google gopro cheat sheet) to match your setup/lighting situation and what type of filming you are doing....these vids were set on Wide 1080p 60 ...

On a side note - what memory card is everyone using? I have a Hero 3 - and would like to film myself hitting, and more importantly film my car at the drag strip. Do some cards have better/faster process speeds?

I have a 32GB micro sd sandisk Class 10 card from Best Buy on sale for $31 amazon might be cheaper....i waited too long to order and had to run to BB instead....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...card/3695074.p?id=1218427115873&skuId=3695074

also the Manfrotto Compact Tri-pod is really nice for this application and has a trigger style head for pan/tilt and locks down in place easily with thumbwheel....

59.99 at Best Buy

IMG-3394s.jpg