DB ASA Only

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got my orange 26oz ASA DB from the SBF store. Put about 100 hits off a tee with mostly .40 & .44 core balls. Sounds like a shotgun, just OK distance so far. At what point will this become hotter than, or close to the Mercy's and J3A's that are taking over every bat rack around here?

Last edited:

Crazy Range

Addicted to Softballfans
Same experience here. Once disc rattle starts watch out. Im sure thats more of a coincidence then anything. Mine is gonna break any day now. 350 hits later. Put one out a 380 ft fence with it though, so worth the 150 i paid. my disc actually let go so it sounds like **** now

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Same experience here. Once disc rattle starts watch out. Im sure thats more of a coincidence then anything. Mine is gonna break any day now. 350 hits later. Put one out a 380 ft fence with it though, so worth the 150 i paid. my disc actually let go so it sounds like **** now

Damn, lol. The whole disc came loose? Like it slides all the way up and down the bat? That's awesome. Mine just shakes a bit... sounds good though. :)

Homsh75

The Veteran
Mine doesn't make any noise whatsoever yet. Only about 50 hits so far but it already smokes the ball. If its only going to get better, I can't wait.

usmcluberti

Banned User
the db ASA, wanted ASA, and wanted USSSA I broke all had the disc fall apart on the inside...sounds like a couple dollars worth of quarters rolling around inside the barrel

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
I have quite a few hits (350?) with mine and nothing rattling yet. Not worried about distance but exit speeds seem great still. If it opens up more, it may get closer to the Avarice.

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
Just got my orange 26oz ASA DB from the SBF store. Put about 100 hits off a tee with mostly .40 & .44 core balls. Sounds like a shotgun, just OK distance do far. At what point will this become hotter than, or close to the Mercy's and J3A's that are taking over every bat rack around here?

I for one don't get the super hype about the J3A... my 28oz was a log and after 60-70 hits it was still testing above 1900. What I do know is that I received my 27oz DBA yesterday and hit 50 balls off of a tee (44/375) and it is hitting just as good, if not better, than the J3A I got rid of. I plan on putting another 50 hits on it today with the 375 balls and then using it exclusively with the 52/275 we use in league. Maybe I just got a dud J3A but so far I am way more impressed with DBA out of the wrapper.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
I for one don't get the super hype about the J3A... my 28oz was a log and after 60-70 hits it was still testing above 1900. What I do know is that I received my 27oz DBA yesterday and hit 50 balls off of a tee (44/375) and it is hitting just as good, if not better, than the J3A I got rid of. I plan on putting another 50 hits on it today with the 375 balls and then using it exclusively with the 52/275 we use in league. Maybe I just got a dud J3A but so far I am way more impressed with DBA out of the wrapper.

The 27oz J3's are way hotter than the 28's, I've hit 'em side by side. Word around here from the Demarini guys is the 26 & 27oz are a different barrel than the 28 & 30oz. Nothing hotter than a 27oz after a couple hundred hits. Hope this DB gets even close.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
My DBA nor my Wanted 275 have a rattle. The DBA has the shotgun crack and has great exit speed, but only occasional distance. The Wanted275 doesnt have the shotgun sound but I hit with much better power with it. It does have some paint chips though.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My DBA nor my Wanted 275 have a rattle. The DBA has the shotgun crack and has great exit speed, but only occasional distance. The Wanted275 doesnt have the shotgun sound but I hit with much better power with it. It does have some paint chips though.

Maybe you should let one of the men on your team swing them for awhile. :D;):p:eek::):p:D

But seriously... 47/525's. Best way to break in a new bat. 100 swings off a tee and you're ready to rock.

Crazy Range

Addicted to Softballfans
the db ASA, wanted ASA, and wanted USSSA I broke all had the disc fall apart on the inside...sounds like a couple dollars worth of quarters rolling around inside the barrel

this is exactly what mine sounds like now too. Sound off the bat though is just deadly, love it, just like a shotgun. Now when i dry swing it i can feel the disc and whatnot whip down the barrel like an old school water bat

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
The 27oz J3's are way hotter than the 28's, I've hit 'em side by side. Word around here from the Demarini guys is the 26 & 27oz are a different barrel than the 28 & 30oz. Nothing hotter than a 27oz after a couple hundred hits. Hope this DB gets even close.

Yeah that's the same thing I had heard about them... I will say if someone is looking for an endloaded bat look no further than the 28oz J3A... what a freaking sledgehammer.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe you should let one of the men on your team swing them for awhile. :D;):p:eek::):p:D

But seriously... 47/525's. Best way to break in a new bat. 100 swings off a tee and you're ready to rock.

I am one of the few "men" on the team so there goes that theory. Those other "men" swing 30 oz bats so these wont do them any good. I hit a few 44/375s with the Wanted and the paint started to chip off immediately. I stopped immediately :)

ogsoftballplaye

I would not recommend this with any new stamp asa bat unless you are a judy hitter. These new bats don't hold up well with hard balls like that. Idc what company is making the bat.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am one of the few "men" on the team so there goes that theory. Those other "men" swing 30 oz bats so these wont do them any good. I hit a few 44/375s with the Wanted and the paint started to chip off immediately. I stopped immediately :)

LOL. I'm just giving you grief. :)

I would not recommend this with any new stamp asa bat unless you are a judy hitter. These new bats don't hold up well with hard balls like that. Idc what company is making the bat.

I hit about 100 of them off a tee with my ASA Wanted. Broke it in real nice. It's a team bat and is still used in BP. Every swing sounds like it's going to be its last, but it's as solid as ever. I'm going to do the same with my ASA Dirty.

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
Another 50 swings with 44/375 balls this afternoon and the sound remains the same... distance about the same... can't say it opened all that much... will give it another 50 tomorrow and then game time. Against the J3a it is still hands down the crisper stick... maybe it is the demarini flex for slow swing batters that make it feel like a noodle :rolleyes:

MackeyCombat

Starting Player
Picked up a used Derby Boys with around 50 swings on it Friday. Used it Saturday in our playoffs and Sunday in my other league playoffs. WOW. This thing is no joke. Every team was complaining about the bat saying its "illegal" or "shaved".

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
My db couldn't keep up with the mercy or aftermath. What this I hear about the '14 db that's out? I think it's red.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
My db couldn't keep up with the mercy or aftermath. What this I hear about the '14 db that's out? I think it's red.