dc41 question

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
The black dc41 is my first miken and I'm having alittle trouble finding the SS consistently. Now don't get me wrong when I get it the ball doesn't have a chance. I assume the SS is alittle more towards the middle and me being more used to my 12in barrel bats. My question is the SS gonna expand enough so I can get back to my normal swing or should I just buy another 12in bat?

pj3p

Senior Power Hitter :-)
you are correct the middle is the happy zone but it will spread as you hit it

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
If I were you I would pick up a Easton Kirby.

Why so he can see how much better his not even broke in yet DC is then every Easton ever made? Get outta here Easton Fanboy...lol

All jokes aside both the White DC that I had and my current black one (in my hands) out hit every Easton ive swung. 100H included and that bat makes the Kirby look like a Easton Hammer.

Darracq

Why so he can see how much better his not even broke in yet DC is then every Easton ever made? Get outta here Easton Fanboy...lol

All jokes aside both the White DC that I had and my current black one (in my hands) out hit every Easton ive swung. 100H included and that bat makes the Kirby look like a Easton Hammer.

YOU hit the nail on the head, I bought a Kirby and my buddy just got a wegman, the eastons are not even in the same league.

Darracq

The black dc41 is my first miken and I'm having alittle trouble finding the SS consistently. Now don't get me wrong when I get it the ball doesn't have a chance. I assume the SS is alittle more towards the middle and me being more used to my 12in barrel bats. My question is the SS gonna expand enough so I can get back to my normal swing or should I just buy another 12in bat?

The hottest spot on mine are on the 4 and the E on the other side.

Cnape123

Star Player
The eastons are good for bp bats, and cold weather. They do get almost as good as the Mikens after about a million swings

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
The question presented was does the sweet spot open up more towards the end of the bat? My recommendation was to buy a good 12" barreled bat. Yours was to tell me to get outta here. So do you change your swing to fit a bat or change the bat to fit your swing?

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
The question presented was does the sweet spot open up more towards the end of the bat? My recommendation was to buy a good 12" barreled bat. Yours was to tell me to get outta here. So do you change your swing to fit a bat or change the bat to fit your swing?

I am not trolling (**** joker!) so being real and not sbf crap talking. Id say alil of both. If I can find a 2 bats at are equal in pop i will choose the bat that better fits my swing. But if one bat clearly out hits the other and the SS is an inch closer to the handle or toward the endcap. Id keep my same swing but maybe alter my position within the box. And BP until I was used to the bat. But thats me....ppl are diffferent.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I am not trolling (**** joker!) so being real and not sbf crap talking. Id say alil of both. If I can find a 2 bats at are equal in pop i will choose the bat that better fits my swing. But if one bat clearly out hits the other and the SS is an inch closer to the handle or toward the endcap. Id keep my same swing but maybe alter my position within the box. And BP until I was used to the bat. But thats me....ppl are diffferent.

True, but i doubt it makes the kirby seem like a hammer...and i dont think the DC41 is waaaay better than any easton...it is a great bat...but not any better to make me stop swinging any other bat...

And to be honest...my Torq made me put down My DC...

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
Thank you for the last two comments. This is a discussion not an argument. I understand that the last two years of Miken's have been great. The reason I swing Easton is because of the feel of their bats. To me hitting with the 100h just feels like butter. I also don't understand what people mean when they say one bat out hits another. Do you mean to tell me that the DC-41 is going to add another 20' to my hits? If so I do not believe it. Say I hit 400' shots constantly with my 100h (doesn't everyone) if I pick up a DC-41 are you telling me that I'm now going to hit 420' shots? Or do you mean that out of twenty balls most will travel father with one bat than the other? But could that just mean that one bat fits your swing better?

ALB_Bones

Philippians 4:13

Should try the Freak 12

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
But could that just mean that one bat fits your swing better?

I agree with this. I personally feel that all the top lines make great bats. Worth, Miken, Easton, Demarini, and LS all make high end great performing bats. Just all comes down to what bat fits your swing and feels the best in your hands. I also think that bat companies have up and down years as well though.

Last edited:

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
I agree with this. I personally feel that all the top lines make great bats. Worth, Miken, Easton, Demarini, and LS all make high end great performing bats. Just all comes down to what bat fits your swing and feels the best in your hands. I also think that bat companies also have up and down years as well though.

Ding Ding Ding. So then we come back to the OP's question. Since he is used to swinging 12" barreled bats with the SS more towards the end of the barrel would you still recommend the DC-41? I'm sure the SS gets more and more forgiving as it gets broken. Have you guys that are swing the DC-41 found this to be true?

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
Ding Ding Ding. So then we come back to the OP's question. Since he is used to swinging 12" barreled bats with the SS more towards the end of the barrel would you still recommend the DC-41? I'm sure the SS gets more and more forgiving as it gets broken. Have you guys that are swing the DC-41 found this to be true?

No, I wouldn't recommend the DC-41 unless he was wanting to try something new. If he wanted to go Miken I would tell him to go Freak 12 if he is looking for a 12" barreled bat with the SS more towards the endcap.

As far as the DC's go, yes as they get more and more broken in the SS does expand in both directions.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP

I am a big fan of the mikens right now, but I still swing and will pick up my 100h before anything....it outhits all my mikens! So u must have swung some 100 hit 100h or something....100h is where it's at...100h just isn't as forgiving as these new DC's I don't think....which is why people like them....but I will say they both perform extremely well and can't go wrong with a 100h, a dc41, or F12.... Easton dudes that are working on their Torq are saying those bats get bananas!!!!!

Darracq

Thank you for the last two comments. This is a discussion not an argument. I understand that the last two years of Miken's have been great. The reason I swing Easton is because of the feel of their bats. To me hitting with the 100h just feels like butter. I also don't understand what people mean when they say one bat out hits another. Do you mean to tell me that the DC-41 is going to add another 20' to my hits? If so I do not believe it. Say I hit 400' shots constantly with my 100h (doesn't everyone) if I pick up a DC-41 are you telling me that I'm now going to hit 420' shots? Or do you mean that out of twenty balls most will travel father with one bat than the other? But could that just mean that one bat fits your swing better?

All I know is I bought a Kirby put about 300 swings on it and my buddy got a wegman put about 400 on it. My 1xx swing dc is at least 20 feet better and feels 100 times better.

Cnape123

Star Player

Probably 30.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
Put 800 on them.

People still swinging Easton's and expecting something at swing 100-200.....Easton's will give u 500-1,000 and beyond great swings! A miken may be nice come 200 swings, but people always giving up on Easton's so soon! U really aren't giving bats a fair comparison or giving them their due.....all these bats now a days are pretty good tech. And hit close to each other...someone may get 10-20ft all because of the feel, weighting, and how they swing that bat.....it isn't the bat anymore these days!

Cnape123

Star Player
People still swinging Easton's and expecting something at swing 100-200.....Easton's will give u 500-1,000 and beyond great swings! A miken may be nice come 200 swings, but people always giving up on Easton's so soon! U really aren't giving bats a fair comparison or giving them their due.....all these bats now a days are pretty good tech. And hit close to each other...someone may get 10-20ft all because of the feel, weighting, and how they swing that bat.....it isn't the bat anymore these days!

I used my 13 L1 till it broke. Probably 4 thousand ish hits. It got real nasty around 2 thousand so this is true. But it was still behind my white DC at its peak. Can't speak for a well broken in 100h

Darracq

I used my 13 L1 till it broke. Probably 4 thousand ish hits. It got real nasty around 2 thousand so this is true. But it was still behind my white DC at its peak. Can't speak for a well broken in 100h

I put my 1200 swing l5 down and sold it, for a 40 swing white Dc. Instant performance increase. And before you say l5 is a low end bat I thought it was better than the l2 I had and broke in faster. I try to like these new eastons but I guess there just not for me, Now if durability is number one to you then Easton wins hands down.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
What does that mean when you say the DC-41 out performed your Easton's (or any other manufacturers)?

Last edited:

Darracq

What does that mean when you say the DC-41 out performed your eastons? By the way you should be able Like I said earlier are you saying that it's going to add 30' feet more? Explain to me what you are meaning.

It means I started hitting balls farther than I ever did in 1200 swings with the eastons. Maybe the bat just fits my swing perfect. same balls in the bp bag same fields, If fact I think its as hot as any bat I have ever swing, I hit it father with the dc than I do with senior bats. I have well above average power and over compress the senior bats.

BTOWNBALLER

Bat whoo-ore
I was an easton guy for years mainly BC of sweet spot location..the white dc41 changed that based on performance alone..Ive now sold every easton I own and have a white DC a freak black and a black n blue triad..eastons are great bp bats and with about 4k hits they almost keep up with a 400 hit miken..