DD Brag post

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
First year playing in the 18U travel program. We got smoked the first couple of games but the herd has thinned (a handful of less-than-committed girls quit) and we had nine solid players who wanted to be there last night.

DD was batting ninth and went 2 for 4 with a single and a double and 3 RBIs. Never scored a run, but she stole third after her double. Didn't have a spectacular night in the field, but I'll take her plate performance to make it up.

She had been wishy-washy about swinging her techzilla in this league because everyone kept saying, "they throw so fast, we have to swing lighter bats". She said, "screw it, I'm swinging my endloaded bats" and was absolutely killing the ball. Her two outs were a hard liner right at SS and a hard grounder that ended up a FC.

They won 11-10. It was tied going into the 7th. We scored one in the top of the 7th and while we allowed them to get runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, we stopped them there. F6, F6, K.

:D

diet pepsi

Addicted to Softballfans
As she found out, swinging a lighter bat has nothing to do with how good of hitter she is. Are they telling girls to back up in the box, too? :)

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
As she found out, swinging a lighter bat has nothing to do with how good of hitter she is. Are they telling girls to back up in the box, too? :)

Let's just say that I don't see eye to eye with the other coaches (I'm an assistant and end up keeping the book mostly). Sure I'm biased, but because she's overweight and not one of the popular kids, she gets constantly relegated to the bottom of the order and/or the bench or right field. She's the best 1st baseman on the team, but one other girls is always at 1st (and I get to keep writing E3 in the book). It's probably my fault, since I don't socialize with the other coaches much. I guess I should sit in the parking lot after the games and drink beer with them but someone has to help the girls pack up the equipment. /RANT

Moneytree

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats to your DD! Keep up the great work.

Keep taking the high road Eddie. It will pay off in the end.

Gary

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
She had been wishy-washy about swinging her techzilla in this league because everyone kept saying, "they throw so fast, we have to swing lighter bats". She said, "screw it, I'm swinging my endloaded bats" and was absolutely killing the ball.
:D

Aren't Techzillas balanced? The endloaded Anderson is the Rocketech.

I guess I should sit in the parking lot after the games and drink beer with them but someone has to help the girls pack up the equipment. /RANT

At 18U, the girls should be able to handle packing up the equipment by themselves.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Aren't Techzillas balanced? The endloaded Anderson is the Rocketech.

The TZ is advertised as balanced, true. It swings more endloaded than a balanced bat, just not nearly as much as the RT. She has an RT in the same length and a balanced composite in the same length/weight and the swing is much different. Dunno.

At 18U, the girls should be able to handle packing up the equipment by themselves.

True, but it's also inappropriate for the coaches to sit in the parking lot drinking beer after a game. Take it home or to the bar.

Last edited: