Death of Future?

DoubleOhWho

Swing what you bring
Has anyone experienced this?

My OG 28.5 has me worried. Recently the barrel feels a lot softer. It's still spitting fire. But it feels different.

Anyone experienced this?

kgarrison3

Manager
Out of the hand full of futures I have broken, they all started feeling that way and then shorty died there after.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Damn, how many hits are you guys getting out of them before death, haven't heard of Futures dying.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
My OG Future is not sounding very good either and recently changed sounds. Mine has over 3000 hits. Kinda sad to see my bat dying. lol

mamoore9

Star Player
Same here. Just got my 26.5 OG tested and it barely passed. Has an ignorant amount of hits on it, still no webbing or paint cracks. Its lived most of its life with 52s with some rare classic m/+'s. Cant seem to find a bat to make me put it down yet.

Dan411

Star Player
I don't know about dying, but they definitely soften up. My USA Future has probably over a 1000 swings with mostly 52's and BP Rockets. Still performs, but I think there is a plateau.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Tip, this is the 28.5 OG I got from you. Webbed. With paint chips. Hits for days on that thing

Awesome! Was that the one that was webbed when I sent it to you or did it web as you were hitting it? I've only webbed up one Future so far, it happened quick, don't think I've put 1k hits on a Future yet.

addicted2bats

I don't know about dying, but they definitely soften up. My USA Future has probably over a 1000 swings with mostly 52's and BP Rockets. Still performs, but I think there is a plateau.

is there a "break in" with the USA Futures? I just picked up a NIW NR, and im anxious to get the wrapper off of it and get to using it.

Ballisttic

Star Player
is there a "break in" with the USA Futures? I just picked up a NIW NR, and im anxious to get the wrapper off of it and get to using it.

I have a 26.5 and a 27.5 2015 future and the 26.5 barrel was broken in under 100 hits but the 27.5 is around 4-500 and still don't feel as if the barrel is broken in yet.

There is only a half ounce difference between the 2 bats.

DoubleOhWho

Swing what you bring
Awesome! Was that the one that was webbed when I sent it to you or did it web as you were hitting it? I've only webbed up one Future so far, it happened quick, don't think I've put 1k hits on a Future yet.

It came that way from youu. Put probably 2k on it since then. If not 3k.