Define "Top 6"

RLead

The ONE!
In a league where it was stated that the "top 6" make the playoffs before I joined and also during pre-draft.

In league settings it says that 6 teams make the playoffs.

Seeding of playoff teams will be determined by head to head record.

So I finish in 4th based on record and total points scored, however, now they are saying it was to be the division winners with the 2 wild cards.

That puts me in 7th place due to the division that I am in.

No one, but the league commissioner and your league's settings can answer this, but based on the 2 leagues I am in with 6 teams going to the playoff, we have 4 divisions and each division winner makes it and then 2 wild cards. One of our division winners has 2 less wins than a team not making the playoff, but hey that happens in the NFL as well.

Our tie breaker is only points for and no head to head.

RLead

The ONE!
Here is how it was presented to me .....

Originally Posted by Hokiefan135
Hey man...we have 2 open spots in our league. Ilt's 12 team ppr with a $25 buy in and payouts to top 2 or 3. Top 6 make playoffs with top 2 having a bye first week of playoffs. We are drafting tomorrow night (thursday) around 830 or 9. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions

Then it was stated the same way during pre-draft.

The whole point should be to have the top teams in the playoffs. So that it is decided by draft and season pickups and trades ..... not just some stupid random division decision made by the computer.

I agree that with what you have posted, the "Top 6" records should go to teh playoffs, I was just saying that the 2 leagues I am in with 6 playoff teams were not set up that way and we have divisions similar to NFL.

But if what you have posted is exactly what was said then I am on your side and if it is on ESPN, I would ask to have the matchus and playoffs fixed because they can be changed on ESPN I know, but not on Yahoo.

RLead

The ONE!
I have asked and after much debate .... the commish put it up for a vote. He is trying to change to 8 since the "top 6" would eliminate himself. Of course the top 2 teams that would have a bye with 6 teams will vote no and there are a bunch of family and friends so I am sure it will not happen. Total ripoff!

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I have asked and after much debate .... the commish put it up for a vote. He is trying to change to 8 since the "top 6" would eliminate himself. Of course the top 2 teams that would have a bye with 6 teams will vote no and there are a bunch of family and friends so I am sure it will not happen. Total ripoff!

You got screwed. Would be my only season in that league.

Pickle

Addicted to Softballfans
I think divisions in FFB are stupid. The top teams should make it, and be seeded according to record, then head to head, and then total points.

I am in a league where I tied with 3 other teams for the best record in my division but I am the 5th seed because the other division winner, who had a worse record, got the 2 seed, and the guy with the least amount of points got the 1 seed because of division win percentage.