demar. ss vs a cartel

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
picked up a 26oz Sunday swagger but i didnt know so cal doesnt have alot of asa leagues. Thinking about a trade for a cartel, or a 454 mutant or should i wait, till they come out the the new DeMarini line... So many ideas what do yall think.

Last edited:

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
freakshow34 trust me i know you can but i tryed it. i didnt hit the ball well at all with it.... and gamble i want one just dont know if i should wait i have been reading that new stadium is sick... dont want to miss the chance to pick one up...

FreakShow34

One minute left
Fair enough. Might just be the bat combined with your swing though... not the fact that its ASA. I would put my OG Ext (probably not fair) or SRV3 up against any USSSA bat.

But why swing a bat that isn't as hot thus putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I play mostly ASA, but when I play USSSA I do not feel like I am at a disadvantage just because I am swinging an ASA bat. You gotta swing what you are comfortable with.

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
thats a older bat and yes it would hold its own but my swagger wasnt doing to well.. and gamble the old and new stadiums are sick.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
every new bat that comes out is "sick". all utrip bats have a performance ceiling. when are you jackasses going to realize this?

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
i wasnt saying they arnt i just dont know what utrip bat i want to get that was the reason of the post....

dgambill85

Banned User
No asa bat is nearly as good as a utrip bat. The specs are different. Asa put up the "restricter plate" and utrip did not. The j2u I swung was retarded compared to my juggy.

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't know what goes on down in SD county for league, but ASA ball is EVERYWHERE in so cal, you crazy! All the local stuff in orange county is either single wall or ASA. The only utrip I know of is at The Yard.

But if you can, just hold on to the SS for ASA and find yourself a new utrip stamped bat. You don't want to play for 8 months on something with an old stamp and then have to try and get rid of it and buy a new stamp bat. Just planning ahead and trying to help ya out, unless you're a masher and could break one in time and return it if you have a receipt.

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah im kinda far from orange county over here in poway its mod. utrip and i dont like using my swagger i love swinging the utrip bats but you have a great point i just might do that....

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Swing the swagger for a month, new stadium is coming out mid may and suppose to be a stadium/cartel hybrid according to demarini. Sell the swagger soon as you get your new stick.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Swagger's not easy to swing weight for weight. They are the lightest 30's I have and require the most attention to properly whipping the bat.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Fair enough. Might just be the bat combined with your swing though... not the fact that its ASA. I would put my OG Ext (probably not fair) or SRV3 up against any USSSA bat.

I play mostly ASA, but when I play USSSA I do not feel like I am at a disadvantage just because I am swinging an ASA bat. You gotta swing what you are comfortable with.

there's a reason utrip bats don't have asa stamps. even the BEST asa bats i've ever hit were not the same as the average utrip bats i've tried. it's all relative, but if you compare equally broken in bats, the utrip wins every time. i've swung asa bats that hit like utrips new, but once i got a few hundred swings on the utrip bat, it wasn't a contest anymore.

i also play almost all asa, and if it's a serious game i'll stick with what i'm used to and use the asa bat. but when it's 'just for fun', heck ya i swing utrip and go for the fences. trust me when i say there's a very noticeable difference between hitting my tried and true juggy and an 'average' utrip bat like the otc, juice, or legend. even the stadium, cartel, and vx2 slightly outhit the juggy and they are all under 200 swings right now.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read..

Really? Just trying to convey that it's harder to bring around and you really have to whip it hard in order to get the most from that endload. If I get tired and casting, my swagger drops off more than my overweight mikens. Would like to know how you interpreted it.

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
ha ha yall crack me up and yeah i hit a shot with my swagger today and then i use my buddies miken special edition an hit a piss rocket lol it was a great day to play softball

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Forget trying to debate on what bat you "think" you may want. All this really should come down to is what type/kind of hitter are you? Are you a base hitter/place hitter, power hitter and are there any HR's allowed in the league/class you play in? If you are a base hitter/place hitter ANY "decent" bat will work just fine, but you do what you what you want it is your money, bat and option to trade. I stopped swinging for the fences last year and started base hitting/place hitting and I'm not nearly as tired at the end of a 5GG tourny anymore. But the choice is yours.

texnation02

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I get why ur saying an I just need to wait an buy the new stadium. Or trade my swagger for a cartel for a bit who know I might just sell.. Did anyone play in a tourny this weekend.

cyoung187

Coach
Trade your swagger for a cartel with a receipt. By the time it breaks you will be able to get a new stadium 2 as a return.