Baaaat Fleeeeep!
Thoughts???

Total Remake or Repaint?

Hmm.................??

cRyfbC.jpg

Last edited:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Do we have any proof the original didn't pass? It wouldn't be the first time demarini was shady in that regard.

I loved the OG due to the variance in the endload on the 29s, they were much heavier than all the other weights. Since this doesn’t come in a 29 I will stick with my 30 oz KTR and vizion.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, but it wasn't a remake by any stretch. It was much more endloaded. Companies screw up their follow up offerings all the time.

I didn't like the cartel because the 26 was stupid light and balanced. I never really hit it once it broke in and my work league team still cracked it rather quick Imo.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
No, but it wasn't a remake by any stretch. It was much more endloaded. Companies screw up their follow up offerings all the time.

I didn't like the cartel because the 26 was stupid light and balanced. I never really hit it once it broke in and my work league team still cracked it rather quick Imo.
You’re more than welcome to come to the paradise known as Minnesota to try mine out!

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Quote from the new Cartels maker in the comments section of the Twisted Mistress vid ...

"The Twisted Mistress is set to the have the Avanced Performance Composite Barrel like our Cartel Exclusive."

They aren't even trying to hide repaints now.

chile

Bad Ape
Quote from the new Cartels maker in the comments section of the Twisted Mistress vid ...

"The Twisted Mistress is set to the have the Avanced Performance Composite Barrel like our Cartel Exclusive."

They aren't even trying to hide repaints now.

i was wondering if it was gonna be a "malice"

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
How has the standard changed??? Was 1.20 before for USSSA and is 1.20 now. The only difference is the fact that they use compression testers at tournaments to verify the bat is still testing at legal limits. The thing that has changed is the desire by the customer base for a bat with a quick break in. Realistically most if not all 1.20 prior to compression testing if remade would still pass the compression testing used by tournaments until they were broke in beyond belief which is no different than current models. The reason they are not remade is because of the lack of desire by the customer base to put 1000+ swings on a bat to break it in. As well as loss of revenue for the companies because now people are almost forced to buy a new bat every year. Now I doubt this is old tech but more likely a repaint of a more current model (such as the Malice) to save money on production. But I have zero doubt if it was remade to the original specs that it would still pass testing.

Joker

Usssa added ABI when they test the bats. That means they break it in to the point of failure, test it along the way, and it can never exceed 1.20bpf. it was the whole reason they changed the stamps

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
it says Marriot Hotel in all the scribble of jibberish, must be the Russian cartel taking over Marriot lol dam spammers

Rhino44

<font color="#00FF00">bangin milk-moneys wife</fon
The league I play in allows us to swing older USSSA bats as long as they pass compression, my OG cartel is still holding at 230

THESHOE

Starting Player
They're honestly nothing special these days. We used to think the world of this bat.

Took one out a month or so ago, vs our now well worked in EST, Freakshow, 17 Green Helmer, ST100h, 15 DC41, etc....

Comparable at best. The EST outhit it. With MUCH less hits on the bat than the OG Cartel had. The ST100h is just stupid worked in, but Green Helmer maybe at 700ish. Again, finding that the new stamps 2017 are a hotter bat.

FWIW - Balls were mix of mostly 52/300 and some 40/375. The OG Cartel seemed to be just meh. Meanwhile, we used to think it was the best thing since sliced bread. My point was proven to my buddy. Newer ones get softer quicker and thus hotter.

Few exception of the old Utrip will apply and outdo the new stamps - That's for sure, but OG Cartel to me just isn't one of them.

As for Demarini in Utrip - The Newbreeed was the only standout this year that even came close to a Miken/Worth/Easton/Mizuno Utrip bat for me. DeMarini and LS still lag IMHO. Breed was solid, but to me 12" and small sweet spot. Hopefully they take it and expand its tech to the rest of the Utrip line and weights/barrels. I found the rest of the line this year so underwhelming in comparison, even 700+ hits later.

Not sure what the details of this new Cartel are, but D is so far off my radar now it doesn't matter.

The league I play in allows us to swing older USSSA bats as long as they pass compression, my OG cartel is still holding at 230