Demarini Cartel approved bat for 2012??

zkeim27

Extra Hitter
i'm looking to see if anyone knows whether or not the cartel is approved. i emailed nsa headquarters and got a crap response saying to contact demarini not them. so i'm asking my softball brothers to see if any of you know. the bat just came out last year so i would imagine it would be legal for nsa.

zkeim27

Extra Hitter
thanks guys! they tried saying since it hadn't been sent to them by demarini to approve that it wouldn't be on the approved list. i didn't think that that was correct so thanks for the clarification.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh you might be thinking about the new stamp. There is no new cartel so it won't have the new NSA stamp for 2014

snacks

Oh you might be thinking about the new stamp. There is no new cartel so it won't have the new NSA stamp for 2014

Yes and no.........the current cartel does not have the new utrip or nsa stamps. However it is allowed for play in NSA through 2013.

Also, technically there is a new cartel......what was supposed to be the cartel 2 is now the Stadium 2 (cartel specs)
This will have the new stamps.....

429673_314341025289820_100001417753064_901533_568973892_n.jpg

SouthernOhioNSA

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys

You may want to continue to use the NSA approved list: http://www.playnsa.com/ApprovedBat.aspx

Right now that bat is not on it under Cartel and if you played today, it would not be permitted regardless of what the manufacturer or their bat reps tell you. If there is a model number on there, then I apologize but use the list as it was update this morning.

Last edited:

snacks

Guys

You may want to continue to use the NSA approved list: http://www.playnsa.com/ApprovedBat.aspx

Right now that bat is not on it under Cartel and if you played today, it would not be permitted regardless of what the manufacturer or their bat reps tell you. If there is a model number on there, then I apologize but use the list as it was update this morning.

Correct its not under "CARTEL" is listed as GTL CARTEL [GTL12] according to that list and is approved by NSA.

dem_cartel250.jpg

The Stadium 2 (cartel2) which I pictured in my previous post has not been released yet....so I assume its being tested by all associations still.

zkeim27

Extra Hitter
so if its on the list how is the southern ohio nsa guy says i wouldn't be permitted to use it then? you just proved him wrong right there.

snacks

so if its on the list how is the southern ohio nsa guy says i wouldn't be permitted to use it then? you just proved him wrong right there.

Yes I did, but it seems he was only going off that list if the bat was just named CARTEL. Its on the list as GTL CARTEL. Mistakes happen, at any rate tell your contact that the bat is on the list...as GTL Cartel.

JesseJamesM

Demarini Advisory Staff
yes and no.........the current cartel does not have the new utrip or nsa stamps. However it is allowed for play in nsa through 2013.

Also, technically there is a new cartel......what was supposed to be the cartel 2 is now the stadium 2 (cartel specs)
this will have the new stamps.....

429673_314341025289820_100001417753064_901533_568973892_n.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leighmadamba

Banned User
I called NSA this morning and asked about the stamp, and what they told me was, the current stamp will be good through 2014 at least, so we'd be gtg for 3 years, at which time he said they should be worn out. I only wish I played that much. He also said he did not know for certain they'd be illegal after that.

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
Correct, NSA bats are GTG till 2014 then they plan on a rule change.

Yup, by then most of not all people pre 13 stamps SHOULD be close to gone. I have two roller one isa/nsa and one which will be NEW utrip. ISA has no plans on changing YET.