Demarini vs Combat

NoNameJames

Star Player
So for the most part I swing Demarini no matter what. I think they make great bats and there isnt anything bad to say about them (IMO). However, I have seen some guys hitting the Combat Derby Boys and they seem to be pretty solid bats. So my question is, since I have no experience with them, how do they compare to Demarini in:

Distance:
Durability:
Power:
Looks:
Mic comments:

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I love combat and overlap grip is for pole chokers

Distance- close but so are others
durability - sucks but I wouldn't say Demarini's is much better at times
power-? Clown question
looks - who the **** cares
misc- i wish you were only allowed to post once a month

Joker

rollpalm-mid.png

lx_2nv

Coach
Combat bats are ***y - I dont care how they perform. LMFAO.

I'd say the D's and C's are similar is distance and durability.

NoNameJames

Star Player

power-? Clown question

I'll start calling you Joker Jr. If you dont like the thread then STFU.

Joker

its a dumb thread, comparing 2 companies to each other is pointless. unless its worth and miken which are the same thing

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

power-? Clown question

I am a pole choker and I love Combat. I also like Demarini.

Why dont you try a Wanted and get back with us.

NoNameJames

Star Player
Oilslick- How does Combat feel in comparison to Demarini? No one I know swings them so I can't test them out. And yes I am a pole choker too I guess. They should be taking BP intstead of just talking nonsense.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Derby and wanted are very good bats. Perform as well as anything else. I cannot speak for any other combat as I haven't hit them.
Last year I swung a wanted over all my demars.

SBG SHREK

Coach
So for the most part I swing Demarini no matter what. I think they make great bats and there isnt anything bad to say about them (IMO). However, I have seen some guys hitting the Combat Derby Boys and they seem to be pretty solid bats. So my question is, since I have no experience with them, how do they compare to Demarini in:

Distance:
Durability:
Power:
Looks:
Mic comments:

Go buy one and find out for yourself

RSTLNE

Addicted to Softballfans
Go buy one and find out for yourself

rec'd.

You're on a softball board/forum, there is a used marketplace where people sell/trade bats. Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, resell/trade it. Used derby boys can be had for <=(less than or equal to)$100.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

Distance: the same, it's determined by the rules, not the manufacturer
Durability: needs to be assessed on a model by model basis. both have made some tanks, and some fragile bats
Power: same as distance
Looks: um? that's YOUR opinion, google images and decide for yourself. or are you one of those guys that buys art to impress other ppl?
Mic comments: this is unfortunately a really silly comparison. of all the questions you've asked, none of them have meaningful answers. if I were you, I'd be more interested if determining what kind of feel you like. 1pc vs 2pc, endload vs balance, long barrel vs short barrel, stiff vs soft/flexy. these are the things that can be changed and are still very difference between bats. finding a bat that 'feels right' gives you confidence at the plate, and that's the only thing you can expect from a bat these days. it's pretty hard to buy a 'dud' from any manufacturer, and it's basically impossible to buy one that's significantly hotter than the competition.

welcome to the sickness :p

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
rec'd.

You're on a softball board/forum, there is a used marketplace where people sell/trade bats. Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, resell/trade it. Used derby boys can be had for <=(less than or equal to)$100.

where are all these under $100 2013 DB's you are talking about?

booth

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a utrip wanted put a few swings on it and thank us later. Everyone that has swung one of my wanteds has been thoroughly impressed.