Demarinis new steel bat

jaslucas19

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody swing the new steel demarini put out. Wondered if it is as good as the white steels of the past. Thanks

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a chance to watch some teammates take BP with the new raw steel. We were using 52/300's Dudley SY's. The balls were coming off very well. The bat has that familiar ping sound. I have a 26 but did not get a chance to hit it yet. The 26 has an 11 inch barrel and it does feel end loaded. My marked 26 came in at 27oz on the scale.

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm more concerned about the durability than anything else. The last two years were pretty hot but fragile as hell. The singlewall leagues around here use 44/375s so that may be part of the issue but I was only getting a hundred or so swings out of them.

Ricky2117

Addicted to Softballfans
Raw Steel

I got my 30oz yesterday and felt lite so I weighted it on a digital scale it's only 28oz! I wasn't to happy. Will call Demarini tomorrow.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Used my 26 in a game last night. The balls came off very well. I accidently hit one ball near the handle and it still went through for a base hit.

gg_welostboys

Part Time Player
Used my 26 in a game last night. The balls came off very well. I accidently hit one ball near the handle and it still went through for a base hit.

Other people have mentioned the sticker weights didn't match the bats too closely – did you find this to be the case with the 26oz? That's the one I'm considering so just curious.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Other people have mentioned the sticker weights didn't match the bats too closely – did you find this to be the case with the 26oz? That's the one I'm considering so just curious.

Yes, that true. My friend said my 26 weighed 27 on his scale. And the 26 has a shorter barrel too.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Buts that's always been the case with 26s they are endloaded and weigh close to the 28s mine have always been like .5 difference between the weights my 26 will be here tomorrow so I can compare

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I got my 30oz yesterday and felt lite so I weighted it on a digital scale it's only 28oz! I wasn't to happy. Will call Demarini tomorrow.

Pretty typical 30 oz demar. Their 30 oz composites typically run in the 28.5 to 29 range:(