Derby Boy asa-- break-in or Hot in wrapper?

cendresfishing

Star Player
My new Derby Boys 27oz just arrived. This is my first Combat. Is this bat similar to some of the other 2013, 2014 bats that are fairly "hot out of the wrapper" or will it require break-in? Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Most of mine were game ready in about 25 hits.

but I kept going cause I couldn't put it down at the time :D Enjoy it!

cendresfishing

Star Player
Last night took it out of the wrapper, took about 10 swings and it felt pretty stiff. I'll put a 50 to 75 on it tonight and see what happens.

Homsh75

The Veteran
You'll here different things from different people. Mine was great right from the start. Better than any of my other broken in equipment anyways. Now that I've had it a few weeks its got about 100 hits on it & it just keeps getting better. 44's or 52's... this thing kills em. Enjoy.

mravelo

Addicted to Softballfans
IF you have to BP, do not BP past the 150 mark. It's going to be hard to put it down, but trust me, it's worth it to watch people's heads turn during the game than during BP.

dopeyseado

Addicted to Softballfans
db and wanted

both are great bats right out of the wrapper i saw that db asa only bat hit the 44/375 balls light no tomorrow exit speed was great and the pop awsome and with the 52/300 ball it hit them good but not like the wanted did..right out of the wrapper hitting the ball 300 plus and great exit speed with the 52/300 balls all in all two great bats

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
After about 100 swings with 44/375 balls mine was game ready. Now at about 600-650 swings and the bat is ridiculous.