Didn't like J3 should I bother trying the J3A

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I was not a fan of the J3. It never got that hot until right before it broke. Got a Fu in return that I really like.

My question is if I wasn't impressed with the J3 should I even try the j3a?

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans
Seen some BOMBS hit with J3A. Our league uses 40/275's. I havent swung it, but those that have wouldn't put it down. I have a feeling this stick will make some noise.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
I like my FU-DAWG as well. It would be hard for me to put it down for a J3A w/o swinging one first.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
j3a is pretty nice. but i also like the j3u. they feel nothing alike in my opinon though.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
my first j3u was spitting missiles before it broke. but it was 45 degrees and it broke before getting fully broken in. j2u is better in my opinion. i think the j2u flexes more and the distance on a well broken j2u is jaw dropping. but for having to abide by new standards for utrip, the j3u is great. the j2u and j3u have a similiar feel but i think the j2u's barrel is just slightly softer once broken in.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I was not a fan of the J3. It never got that hot until right before it broke. Got a Fu in return that I really like.

My question is if I wasn't impressed with the J3 should I even try the j3a?

depends. did you not like it because it didn't hit well, or did you not like it because it felt bad.

early reports are suggesting the j3a is hotter than the j3u. so if it was just a lack of performance, i'd say yes it's worth a shot. i would imagine the two feel pretty similar though, so if you didn't like the feel, probably not worth the hassle to try one anytime soon

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
I didn't like it for two reasons. First it never seemed to open up until right before it broke. My s.ones, cartels, rd28u, juice, etc all outperformed it and I think I gave it plenty of time. Second was just lack of feedback I felt I got from it. Balls hit hard and ones just missed felt basically the same. Idk maybe I just suck.

I did love the way it felt weight wise and dry swinging. In hind sight if it would have been as hot as my other demarinis I probably would have liked it just never got there.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
what's different about them?

haven't had my hands on a j3a and haven't swung my j3u yet.

hard to explain. i feel like my j3a is more endloaded than my j3u. they are both 28 but the j3a feels heavier. j3a barrel has more give. and the sound of the j3a had a different crack right from the start. j3u, took about 350 hits to start to get the cracking noise.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Damn can't wait for my 30 j3a to get here.:eek: Now I'm curious to see how it stacks up against ry's j3u.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
hard to explain. i feel like my j3a is more endloaded than my j3u. they are both 28 but the j3a feels heavier. j3a barrel has more give. and the sound of the j3a had a different crack right from the start. j3u, took about 350 hits to start to get the cracking noise.

more endloaded? haha. the rest sounds good to me though:D

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
Yes... I have both in a 28oz and the J3A has more of a endload to it. Not too much more but does feel heavier even tho the U is about 0.2 heavier... And everything PKC said is accurate.