Dirty

killjoyb

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the word on the dirty? Looking into one. Maybe a trade for one .

Last edited:

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
There's been a few reviews on here.... I'm not gonna search to try to find them though.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
The Dirty for me was a pretty sweet bat. I have the ASA one. handle is flexier for me than my wanted. You can really feel the mid-load on it. Its hard for me to describe. I have never swung a balanced bat to compare with it, but people say it is balanced.

In the hands it feels endloaded, but when you swing it it doesnt. Maybe thats confusing but its got an entirley different feel to me than any other bat ive owned.

The sound is just incredible, and the ball jumps off just fine. I prefer the Wanted, but for someone that is put off by that endload the dirty would be my choice over the Derby Boys.

Holland_Boy15

Addicted to Softballfans
I've owned both the asa and the utrip dirty. Both bats are great bats as far as how much pop they have. Break in really fast. NOT very durable at all though. Utrip one broke in about 400 hits and my new one already has tracking @ 50 hits. Weighting was different on both of my utrip bats. The first one felt balanced while the new one I have feels the same as my utrip derby boys. Both models sounds like they are going to break with every swing so just be ready for that. They can be had for pretty cheap right now so worth a try IMO. They play some nsa with the 52/275s down here so I bought one to use for that. The asa one held up pretty nicely against the 44/375. Paint chipping and tracking but no cracks, but a friend of mine had one that busted in a few weeks. I used all of mine warm temperatures. Wouldn't recommend swinging these under 60 degrees. My friend bought my old one from me and said it was the hottest bat he's ever owned, but broke 100 swings after he bought it. If you buy it get it new with a warranty. I wouldn't buy one used. If you're worried about durability just get a derby boys. DB are just as hot and more durable IMO. Hope this helps.

G Rat

Baller on a Budget
The wife bought me the Utrip version for Christmas. Finally had the chance to swing it this past weekend in a tournament. The bat was hot out of the wrapper. I put 10 swings on it and it's already showing some heavy webbing. I love the performance of the bat but not to sure this thing will last long.

ncrdablross

No HR Club
I have over 500 swigs on mine using a mix of balls but mostly 44/375 and I have no webbing. It's hot and felt better to me than the wanted bc it's closer to the weight I like and has less endload. I also don't swing as hard as most of these guys.

Dirtyremax

EAI/ComBat/Derby Life
Hollywood said it best. Feels heavy in your hands, swings real light? I've seeing the asa Dirty and it was pretty hot out of the wrapper. Good distance, our team put a good 2-300 cuts on it and just seemed to get hotter and louder!

G Rat

Baller on a Budget
Here are a couple pics of different spots on the bat. Balls used were 44/375 in 62 degrees. The bat started sounding like a shotgun on the second swing.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
My ASA was 27 weighed 27 exactly with leather tennis grip and gnr lite. Swung lighter though. Wished I bought a 28. Actually I wish all my bats were 28 now.

killjoyb

Addicted to Softballfans
Straight from combat

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner. Let's start with the Dirty bat.
This bat is a private label bat for ************ Sports and is what we
call a mid-load. Most of our slow pitch bats are more end loaded.
Construction of the barrel is our seamless one piece technology like all
other 1 piece slow pitch models. Weighting is the main difference on this
bat, and that it can only be purchased from *****'s. The Derby Boys and
Portent slow pitch bats are both 1 piece seamless technology with an end
load. The difference in these 2 bats are the inner sleeve to the multi-wall
technology inside the barrel. The sleeve on the Portent is a little bit
softer which changes the feel of the bat quite a bit. The Derby Boys with
have a much stiffer feel. Hopefully this answers the questions you had.

Thanks,

Frank

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
No new news w/the Dirty.

I was told by Coop that the main difference between the Portent ASA and DBA is that the Portent has a stiffer taper/handle (and that the new AV is basically a repainted DB275 if anyone was interested).