Ditched my GF : Still roll CoED?

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there some kind of common way to handle this? I know I'm not the first for this...

I got her into SB.
She joined a Coed team.
She invited me to join this team.
It's developmental rec coed, so I'm by far the best player on the team.
I broke up with her after 3 years.
We have 3 games left in the season and the post-season tourney.

Opinions?

I'm thinking of just playing the last 3 games and tourney and then leaving quietly (not rejoining next season) rather than ditching the other 10 people and leaving them to lose badly.

UPDATE: Jump to page 13 for the pix.

Last edited:

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
that is the proper thing to do in my opinion. play the games and leave with dignity. good on you brother.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
da hell is developemtal rec? Is that Special Olympics?

Play Ball. Leave personal feelings at the gate...............Unless she is psycho

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i would show up and yell at her in front of everyone and cause a big scene. and then throw some softball gear around. storm off and peel out in the parking lot.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang, how pissed off is she? If you two are cool play ball. If not, it might be a little awkward.

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
Broke up with her on what date? Because even broken up, there's still some side ****ing going on...so it can't be that awkward. Also, if there was another hotty on the team, I'd probably try and slide her too before abandoning the team all together. Efficiency.

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang, how pissed off is she? If you two are cool play ball. If not, it might be a little awkward.

She's pretty pissed. Gave me an choice: marry her or she is gone. I showed her the ring and then walked her to the door.

Don't give me ultimatums.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, depends on the terms of breakup. if it was a mutual "we've been together 3yrs and dont see this going to the next level" type thing, finish it out. if it was because of infidelity or something very one sided, i would just let them finish without your presence.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
She's pretty pissed. Gave me an choice: marry her or she is gone. I showed her the ring and then walked her to the door.

Don't give me ultimatums.

Ouch. I hate ultimatums also. Not good when it comes to relationships. Sounds like she didnt trust you to comit and thought you needed a push.

Guess you could show up. If she dosent like it just tell her she can play ball or go home.

If it were me I would just walk away and not worry about sub par coed ball.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Do a Coach Kent....hit a bomb, super nasty bat flip, then yell out "I hit that like I use to hit (insert her name)".

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Listen you need to post pics so we can tell you if you screwed up dumping her in the first place. Otherwise how can anyone make a qualified answer.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I don't think I have seen a co-ed team where I would like to bang every chick on it. There is always one that is a definite no-go.

Try to play it through without drama. If drama pops up, just calmly say "I better go, good luck with the rest of the season."

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Is there some kind of common way to handle this? I know I'm not the first for this...

I got her into SB.
She joined a Coed team.
She invited me to join this team.
It's developmental rec coed, so I'm by far the best player on the team.
I broke up with her after 3 years.
We have 3 games left in the season and the post-season tourney.

Opinions?

I'm thinking of just playing the last 3 games and tourney and then leaving quietly (not rejoining next season) rather than ditching the other 10 people and leaving them to lose badly.

Do this and stay classy or...

i would show up and yell at her in front of everyone and cause a big scene. and then throw some softball gear around. storm off and peel out in the parking lot.

do this and really get into it.

Whatever you do, don't halfass it as you'll be pissed at yourself later. Go all the way either way and it's much easier to own later.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me get this straight, you already had a ring and were planning on marrying her, but her giving you an ultimatum about it killed the deal? Sounds like you had a case of buyer's remorse and were looking for any excuse to get out of it.

So in that case, bang all the dudes on the team just to let her know she can't have them either.

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been in this situation before... best thing to do is finish out the league. Probably send her a text and ask her what she would like to do, then ask the team manager what they want to do. If you can get through it, just play and then shake hands. Wish them luck.