DIY Black Ops shelf/stand

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Made this a little while ago using LuDans idea and a little help from Joker. Figured I should make a thread instead of having it hidden in his.
IMG_20150124_220434_575_zpsda248dke.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150202_183524_941_zpsuvuutrxs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150124_220343_054_zps6df6n5s2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150202_183614_931_zpspc0gfeqi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Material you need
4 1/2" 90°s
4 1/2" 90°s with extra side exit
10' 1/2" PVC
12"x12" piece of masonite or like material
6 drywall screws
Spray paint

Dimensions are (outside to outside of fittings)
11 1/2" wide
9 3/4" tall
7 3/4" deep
Masonite
7 1/2"x11 1/4"

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Yeah they should've thought of it already but oh well this way I get to tinker with stuff.
Thinking about drilling a 2 1/2" hole in the shelf so it will hold a solo cup.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
For sure. Instead of replacing my bag I'm going to use everyone's ideas and make shelves/bat sleeves

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I need bat sleeves for a boombah beast roller. Anybody got that design down yet?

These are the ones I made for my DDs vendetta roller using Masonite, 1" seat foam from Walmart, 2 yards of costume black fabric from Walmart, and 3m spray. The same concept should work for the boombah roller.
IMG_20150131_154819_991_zpsdhifsnqd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150131_155019_275_zpsdzc3xzyx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150131_155046_021_zpsxcezlspv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
great, we have like 3 threads in the same week taht are pretty much the exact same with different brand of turd bags that need extra engineering. while i think it is a good idea, i think the manufacturers should keep this **** in mind when designing a bag. especially a $200 demarini turd bag.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
You're right they should have thought of this a long time ago. Only made the separate thread so it would get picked up by a search since it was kinda hidden in LuCan's thread.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
its more thats its ****ing winter and i was bored

im not even mad bro

You're right they should have thought of this a long time ago. Only made the separate thread so it would get picked up by a search since it was kinda hidden in LuCan's thread.

haha. sorry to seem harsh. i just think for the price of the black ops series, they could be a little nicer/sturdier.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I agree, if I hadn't had 20% off at ****s sporting goods I wouldn't have gotten it.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Thanks Lu.

Seat foam is near the fabric/arts and crafts section in Walmart. IIRC it came in a white package. I cut it in 2" wide pieces I believe. If I was gonna do it again I would try to find some 1/4" thick foam for the bats to lay on.
Screenshot_2015-02-05-04-31-28_zpsvjbi45kc.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

s.paternostro

Star Player
Just built the PVC frame for my shelf. I used a little bit different dimensions than the OP so that the shelf will fit snugly between the wheel wells at the bottom of the Black Ops Roller. Dimensions of mine are as follows: 12 1/2" tall, 10" wide, and 8 1/2" deep.

s.paternostro

Star Player
Yeah lol I tried building one using your dimensions and when I went to wedge mine in there a piece of PVC and a fitting cracked. So I changed it up a little.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
There must be slight variations on the sizing of the bags because the one I made for my brother-in-law didn't fit thr same as mine.

Joker

even the least handy person can buy pvc pipe, a pipe cutter and use a tape measure

TRaj2327

Didn't everyone here build with K'nex or an erector set as a kid? Is it really that hard to cut something to length and piece it together. All hope for mankind has been lost if you cannot do this DIY project.