Dms

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not 100% sure, but it does look like the finger stalls are black... could be squishy. Whomever gets one first, let us know!

I have one of the 2006 DMS PROTB24 gloves (dry black Horween) and the finger stalls are the softer (not squishy) leather. It's not bad, but not as good as my Glovesmiths where they use the shell leather all the way through.

IMG_0826__31479.1522355996.1280.1280.JPG

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
I'm not 100% sure, but it does look like the finger stalls are black... could be squishy. Whomever gets one first, let us know!

I have one of the 2006 DMS PROTB24 gloves (dry black Horween) and the finger stalls are the softer (not squishy) leather. It's not bad, but not as good as my Glovesmiths where they use the shell leather all the way through.

IMG_0826__31479.1522355996.1280.1280.JPG
Hey Rous,
I got a chance to try one of the older rv23 models from around 2013 and they also had the black finger linings. I mean it wasn't too bad since the palm liner was horween and the quality of that batch more than made up for it. I'm just waiting to see how the actual leather is on these new releases, the description says "non oil treated" so I guess they heard the cries of last years models being too soft.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
You youngsters with your seeing eyes! The finger stalls are black and loops are tan leather. Leather is very similar to 207 Horween, not like original DMS Horween. You will be able to game it this season. NYC, the same thing applies to the dry black 1000. Nice patterns and in some cases, the only pattern option, so a tip of the hat to DMS.

NYC

Swag on 100.
You youngsters with your seeing eyes! The finger stalls are black and loops are tan leather. Leather is very similar to 207 Horween, not like original DMS Horween. You will be able to game it this season. NYC, the same thing applies to the dry black 1000. Nice patterns and in some cases, the only pattern option, so a tip of the hat to DMS.
Did you receive yours? Mind posting pics?

NYC

Swag on 100.
I just got mine in, the leather is dryer and stiffer than recent Horween releases of the past couple years. It's also lighter in color which supports the "non oil-infused" description on DM.

502 to Right

Manager
I have the 303 and SXSC arriving on Wednesday. They look awesome.

I can't believe I've been ordering gloves from DMS for 17 years now. Got my first (a PRO-HF that I cherish to this day) in 2001. HOH's used to be $129 then.

NYC

Swag on 100.
I have the 303 and SXSC arriving on Wednesday. They look awesome.

I can't believe I've been ordering gloves from DMS for 17 years now. Got my first (a PRO-HF that I cherish to this day) in 2001. HOH's used to be $129 then.

Wow, it would be cool if you post a pic of it. I would love to see how the DM exclusives changed over 17 years.

jethrodub

Coach
Ordered a 303 on Friday! I am super pumped. I dont play OF much, but if I am ever gonna spend some time on the grass I might as well do it with one of these beauties!

NYC

Swag on 100.
Ordered a 303 on Friday! I am super pumped. I dont play OF much, but if I am ever gonna spend some time on the grass I might as well do it with one of these beauties!
I think you're going to love it, I love mine.

502 to Right

Manager
My 303 and SXSC arrived today. Oh boy! The smell takes me back to 2001 when I got my first HOH from Mortons--the PROHF. Same smell, same rock hard leather. I'm going to have a good time beating these two like they owe me money and getting them properly broken in.

I love that the SXSC has the old school honey tan, but the pattern is modern with a straight thumb and pinky. I wish I had this 12 years ago when I was still playing 2B in baseball. It's perfect!

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Looks like they also have a PRO1000HC with a horween liner. If you're trying to get that one make sure it has the -19 at the end. the -18 is with deer tanned cowhide liner and is also in stock.

NYC

Swag on 100.
I gotta say everything about the new models are superior to the Horween releases of the past couple years (not including the new pro label).

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Here are some comparo pics. Top is recent 12" DMS PRO1000 in dry black Horween. Below that is 12" SLAM T1D PRO200 in black Horween.
ZgyP11I.jpg

Here's a slightly different compar. Top set is new 11" DMS PROSXSC in dry tan Horween. It tapes 11.25. Below that is a 11" PRO2B115P that tapes 10.75.
yQUeMsj.jpg

Both DMS gloves are not as stiff as previous releases. Both exhibit tooling marks. I do not care about either one of these two deficiencies. Retail USA Rawlings had numerous stitching issues. SLCS Rawlings had frequent mistakes. If I was after a museum piece that would never see the outside world, this would be a problem. I will use these gloves or my son will use these gloves for their intended purpose and whatever wart was there will quickly be forgotten and hopefully replaced with a pleasant memory.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
Here are some comparo pics. Top is recent 12" DMS PRO1000 in dry black Horween. Below that is 12" SLAM T1D PRO200 in dry black Horween.
ZgyP11I.jpg

Here's a slightly different compar. Top set is new 11" DMS PROSXSC in dry tan Horween. It tapes 11.25. Below that is a 11" PRO2B115P that tapes 10.75.
yQUeMsj.jpg

Both DMS gloves are not as stiff as previous releases. Both exhibit tooling marks. I do not care about either one of these two deficiencies. Retail USA Rawlings had numerous stitching issues. SLCS Rawlings had frequent mistakes. If I was after a museum piece that would never see the outside world, this would be a problem. I will use these gloves or my son will use these gloves for their intended purpose and whatever wart was there will quickly be forgotten and hopefully replaced with a pleasant memory.

Can you talk a little more about the black horween pro1000? i had one of those pro12tcb's that I think DM still has in stock, was by far the stiffest leather I ever had personally. Not only stiff but that thing was thick. I wonder if these new pro1000s are the same as the black oiled horween that's available on the custom builder.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
No, it's dry black. It's equivalent to other recent Rawlings dry tan Horween releases. I had a 6XBC that also was thick and stiff. This is not the same.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Just search any 303 with a ball in the pocket, same exact pattern, just superior Horween leather.
REALLY?? lol

I hope you didnt mean that like it sounded bc it comes off as you being a bit of a prick.
Especially for someone who has asked for some pretty odd and random pictures over the years.
Maybe, as this is a new release - he is interested in how THIS version is??
As someone who breaks down a glove to the level of the black squishy stuff you should know everything isnt always the same.
But, I digress...

anywho, kinda crazy that DMS release threads struggle to make 3 pages now days :(

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Here are some comparo pics. Top is recent 12" DMS PRO1000 in dry black Horween. Below that is 12" SLAM T1D PRO200 in dry black Horween.
ZgyP11I.jpg

yQUeMsj.jpg

Very nice! Excellent comparison pics and boy oh boy do they looks VERY similar, ESP Jays glove and the 1000.
I'm always wonder what we will see some day out of these guys. Don was over at gloveworks Nov or so and let us know these were coming but didnt really have specs. A little bit of back and forth (as you know) occurred before he disappeared, but hopefully we helped with a good idea or 2 for future releases.
I maintain that DMS is the best kept secret in modern gloves. If we lost it, it would be like losing the SLCS. Vintage patterns on great leather? THIS is what Rawlings should be doing a few times a year with the GGC. Maybe they dont think there is a need because of DMS.
Rawlings must consider it pretty highly as they have never really issued anything that would 'compete' and make it a point to steer clear of the RV and like patterns so they dont step on DMS toes.
In the end, we are luck to have these guys!