DNA or Torch??

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I have own(Ed) all three. I still have my bomb and torch. I had 3 different DNAs all different weighting configurations and handles. I COULDNT get use to it. They all felt super clunky, they weren't well put together and I was not consistent with them. When you hit it on the FIB the bat was just as hot as anything on the market. But it was about hitting it on that FIB. Fast forward the torch and bomb feel 1000% better and the few swings I have put on both of them have provided the same performance results but on a much more consistent basis. Probably because they feel a lot better. I know people will say go with the DNA cause it never fails compression. My honest opinion go with what feels better for you. 800-1600 swings on a torch or bomb is still a lot of swings if you break it in and the only game it.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I'm with Moses, had a stiff handle DNA and could not consistently find the FIB so sold it quick. Wished I had held onto it for the crazy prices they get now! Sounds like I might like the bomb or torch.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
DNAs have been failing compression a lot around So Cal....

Wow seriously?? I wonder what Monsta would do in response to that? If I'm wrong the website says or said on the DNA will never fail compression. Unless it's a crack or something like that in that bat.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm with Moses, had a stiff handle DNA and could not consistently find the FIB so sold it quick. Wished I had held onto it for the crazy prices they get now! Sounds like I might like the bomb or torch.

Bomb is where it's at bro. But from what I have been seeing and hearing they have paint crack issues cause the barrel "compresses/flexes" so hard at Impact or at least that's what the owner says.

Wow seriously?? I wonder what Monsta would do in response to that? If I'm wrong the website says or said on the DNA will never fail compression. Unless it's a crack or something like that in that bat.

We won't get into that :) I play ASA with a bunch of Monsta guys - it's not a popular topic.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Torch has a more "normal" feel to it like other bats.
Hit the dna 50 times and it feels normal.
I personally like dna better because I have swung it more.

waznell

Nobody
Torch/bomb review.......
Ended up getting one of each and the Bombardier is hands down the winner, It smokes my aftermath too. having a tough time hitting the torch but the few good hits I do have felt great! I do prefer the AM over the torch at this point.

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up a torch, swinging it over anything else I own.

I picked up a torch recently, don't really know what to expect in terms of performance. i currently game a 2016 mercy and a 2014 aftermath and wondered how they might compare. Also the 26oz torch weighed closer to 27oz on a digital scale with stock grip, with a good amount of the weight in the barrel giving it a mid loaded feel

thafiremahn

Addicted to Softballfans
Need to make sure you are swinging hard enough to activate the FIB on the torch. I went down an ounce to a 27 and wow when you hear it hit the FIB you know it.

thafiremahn

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear the FIB every swing but it just doesn't go like the bomb.
I was referring to pears comment. i would assume its preference between 2 and 1 piece bats between the bomb vs the dna/torch. DNA got my attention at a tournament so i bought a torch.I held off on the bats based on the owners behavior and used usa aftermaths 15/16. The demarinis are also very good bats. Torch took absolutely no time to break in well see how long it last.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I was referring to pears comment. i would assume its preference between 2 and 1 piece bats between the bomb vs the dna/torch. DNA got my attention at a tournament so i bought a torch.I held off on the bats based on the owners behavior and used usa aftermaths 15/16. The demarinis are also very good bats. Torch took absolutely no time to break in well see how long it last.

The issue was that I only gave the Torch about 30 swings or so. Didn't like the feel at all, hence the low hit count. I like the stiff handle bats much better and probably should have went with a stiff Torch instead. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to picking one up to give it a try if I came across one at the right time.

milfhunter00

The Veteran
I have really tried to like my Bomb but I just can't get a feel for it. I usually swing 28oz endloads and the 27oz midload on that bat just feels way too light. I've hit a couple out with it but never seem to really get barreled up on any. If it was 28oz I'm sure I'd be much happier.

jhitman

Hey Guys,

Just was looking into the Monsta line and had a few questions. Which one of the 3 Torch, Bombardier or DNA is endloaded and has a stiff handle? Are they all ASA bats or is there a USSSA version as well? Which one hits the 52 cor 300 comp softballs the best?

Sorry for all the questions, but don't know much about these bats and contemplating getting one.

CarabaoBulls

Agreed sir
My bomb is so dirty....I'm gonna give the torch a little bit longer then prolly trade away for a another bomb if it doesn't catch up to my AM. No one wants to swing my bomb, everyone wants to swing the torch.
I was gonna pick up a Torch and a bunch of Boyz told me don't waste my time go straight to the Bomb, that's what I did and I'm glad I listened and took their advice!! The Bomb on that 52 cor goes BOOM!!!

CarabaoBulls

Hey Guys,

Just was looking into the Monsta line and had a few questions. Which one of the 3 Torch, Bombardier or DNA is endloaded and has a stiff handle? Are they all ASA bats or is there a USSSA version as well? Which one hits the 52 cor 300 comp softballs the best?

Sorry for all the questions, but don't know much about these bats and contemplating getting one.
Just my opinion, go with the Bombardier sweet spot is huge and it's hot straight from the wrapper as in its already hitting way out the park!! At least mine was hot from the get go, I call it Killer 52.

waznell

Nobody
Don't swing my AM anymore.....Bomb is my gamer and just bought a backup! Thank you Monsta....what's up for next year in one pc?

waznell

Nobody
Hey Guys,

They don't have any options for utrip (because they wanted too much $ for a stamp?) their 2pc bats feel more end loaded to me but I can't hit them! I'm a 1pc guy and swing nothing but the Bombardier!

jhitman

They don't have any options for utrip (because they wanted too much $ for a stamp?) their 2pc bats feel more end loaded to me but I can't hit them! I'm a 1pc guy and swing nothing but the Bombardier!

How does the Bombadier rate in distance vs. the DC41 or Worth Resmondo Legit 220?

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I think its a few things.

Softball is winding down in some parts of the country.
The Bomb and Torch are supposed to be on par with the DNA (at least that's what I've heard).
They have some new bats coming out soon including one with the new FIB design.

Better to sell high now while the demand is up. The cheapest I've seen used ones selling for is $225ish. With the price drop on the bomb and torch why not pick one up, sell the DNA and pocket some cash.

Rookie3

I swing the 26 oz Torch with the 2500 and love it. Im not a home run hitter at all im a leadoff hitter that gets on base but the Bombs are starting to get my interest