Do you change up the lineup?

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
When do you shake up the lineup with changes? Our last three games we've scored 12, then 8, then 5 with the same lineup and aren't hitting the dirt if we were swinging at the dirt. Outside of two or three guys, the rest of the team couldn't hit pavement if we fell on the street.

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
I would switch it up... Although if you left it the same it would be interesting to see if you scored half the runs of last week.

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been keeping stats for our season. In the beginning I was varying it up, giving everyone a shot to hit near the top and get more at bats in, or giving the guys with an ounce of power to hit in the 3 or 4 spot. Now that we're over half way through the season I'm using the stats to make the line up indicative of the performance the guys have shown all year. Stats don't tell the whole story, naturally, so I do the line with respect to keeping fast runners running without slow guys in front and simple things like that. If your team still has score sheets, maybe take a look at how the hitters have done in the past and rearrange the team to what looks good on paper - try it for a night and see what happens.

JoinTheUprising

Addicted to Softballfans
you basically should know your team after a while, its softball guys will hit eventually. my friend changes the lineup a lot it just pisses people off

jayclaxtowne

Addicted to Softballfans
only change it when certain guys are really slumping, and usually those goes tell me to drop them if they are hitting like crap.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Coach on one of my teams does the lineup based on the order in which guys show up. He doesn't really track stats, and no one really has an ego about it. If the team hits, the team has a better chance of winning regardless of who's hitting where in the order.

RodeoClown

ACCOUNT DELETED
league- we determine batting order by picking from Ace thru King of a single suit, from a deck of cards

tourney, is determined by coach/manager/sponsor, who's hot and who's not that week at league