Does anyone use a tablet and app to keep the book?

HanktheTank9

Addicted to Softballfans
If so which program or app do you use? Would like to give it a try vs the old book system..would be easier to calculate averages at the end of the year

thanks

addicted2bats

gamechanger works incredibly well. Even gives you spray charts so you can see tendencies and stuff. I loved it when we used it.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Have also used gamechanger works pretty well.

If I was strickly coaching I would use it all the time. but dont trust other poeple enough not to damage my stuff.

Im debating weather to use on high school team I asst coach. Can give parents/family the link and they can keep track of games live as i put the scores in.

ghunt25

Gamechanger is awesome, but only if you don't play. If you give it to someone to handle while you're at bat, it will always get messed up.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Gamechanger is awesome, but only if you don't play. If you give it to someone to handle while you're at bat, it will always get messed up.

I deleted mine for this reason, I was the only one who used, or cared to use it......

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
We use game changer for my son's team it's great, but this year it's not supported by android you have to do it on apple product

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
why companies continue to do Apple-only apps or update iOS apps prior to android will never make sense to me. The android user base is so much larger! Last year Q3 showed that 80% of new phones shipping were android-based phones. (Q3 2013 also showed android tablets overtaking the iOS market) Just doesn't make sense in my pea-sized brain to market to the minority tablet and smartphone users.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
why companies continue to do Apple-only apps or update iOS apps prior to android will never make sense to me. The android user base is so much larger! Last year Q3 showed that 80% of new phones shipping were android-based phones. (Q3 2013 also showed android tablets overtaking the iOS market) Just doesn't make sense in my pea-sized brain to market to the minority tablet and smartphone users.

co-signed .

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn, anything good for youth that works on android?

I'm working through an app called Score Finger. Just started looking at it. It's free so if I don't like it, no worries.

Pretty solid reviews from everything I can find and my initial interaction with it is positive.

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn, anything good for youth that works on android?

I'm not sure we are just going to use the ipod touch i guess.... my wife runs the game changer,she was telling me about it a few days ago that it's an Apple only app now...

If this is wrong info I'm sorry just going by what she said,i haven't looked into it...

Just looked in the play store i couldn't find game changer on my phone

Mwallace5

The Veteran
Does anyone know if gamechanger will let you put in a 12th batter?? Most tourneys we play in allow 12 hitters but couldn't find out how to add that into the lineup

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know if gamechanger will let you put in a 12th batter?? Most tourneys we play in allow 12 hitters but couldn't find out how to add that into the lineup

My wife ran it for baseball, i know there was 12 kids on his team last year so I'm assuming you can couldn't tell you how though...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
since when is game changer not available on Android? I loved it when I had it but like said above, it is near impossible to use if you are playing.

Bolusu

Addicted to Softballfans
since when is game changer not available on Android? I loved it when I had it but like said above, it is near impossible to use if you are playing.

Sometime last year they announced they weren't going support the Android version, I used it for a while and once you get the hang of it it was awesome, I had my cousin who never kept stats in his life use it and after a game or two he was a pro at it. Guess I might have to get a ipad. :(

geishboy

Addicted to Softballfans
Sport NGIN's website services include a score keeping function built into their website. Our league has used it several times, but they're still working the kinks out.