Does Your Team Swing Your Bat?

2000_328ci

Extra Hitter
Hey guys, I'm a new member and this will be my first official post.. and it will likely sound really obnoxious.

But what do you guys do to help with the lifespan of your bats? After reading on here, I decided to jump on the Izzy Psycho bandwagon.. but I worry that it will snap within its first season. We have a couple different bats on my team but the "best" is an Miken NXT or the Freak we have.. I have to imagine everyone will want to start swinging the 27 ioz. zzy I just bought and if this bat only lasts 300 swings, that isn't even an entire season if everyone on my team swings it.

So what do you guys do? Throw it back in a bat bag after swinging it? If so, isn't that kinda a d1ck move? Especially given I'm close friends with a couple guys on the team.

Or is my worrying a bit unneeded.. perhaps this bat isn't as bad as some of youy have made it out to be?

most guys on my team have their own bats. Me and my buddy swing each others with the understanding and expectation that the bat be replaced should one of us break the others. I usually don't let others swing mine because I know if they break it, I will be out a bat and it won't be replaced.

So long story short I don't think throwing it your bag is wrong in any way.

Eroc13

Boots Come In Pairs
Hey guys, I'm a new member and this will be my first official post.. and it will likely sound really obnoxious.

But what do you guys do to help with the lifespan of your bats? After reading on here, I decided to jump on the Izzy Psycho bandwagon.. but I worry that it will snap within its first season. We have a couple different bats on my team but the "best" is an Miken NXT or the Freak we have.. I have to imagine everyone will want to start swinging the 27 ioz. zzy I just bought and if this bat only lasts 300 swings, that isn't even an entire season if everyone on my team swings it.

So what do you guys do? Throw it back in a bat bag after swinging it? If so, isn't that kinda a d1ck move? Especially given I'm close friends with a couple guys on the team.

Or is my worrying a bit unneeded.. perhaps this bat isn't as bad as some of youy have made it out to be?

First post and you already got around the sensor...pretty tricky.

As for myself, I provide team bats with the knowledge that if it breaks the team will be paying for a new one, whether it be just the person that broke it or if everyone chips in. There are a few I don't let everybody swing, but the rest are fair game.

DStandridge

OHIPAL
In the past, I would want teammates to swing it, to help break it in. Now, with how hot these bats are out of the gate. I have no issue placing it in my bag. May have a teammate ask, and I make sure they are aware they break it, they buy me a new one.

But as stated before, tossing it in your bag isn't wrong in any way.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally I don't care if throwing my bat in my bag is a **** move... You know what else is a **** move breaking someone else's bat and not replacing it. The new bats are too expensive to let the whole team use but my freak98 please swing away!!

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i think if someone else breaks it, it should be they pay half. not if they break it, they buy you a new one. cause you swung it too right?

i put knobcuffs on my bats cause i drop pinky. most of my teammates dont like the feel of a knobcuff so they leave my bats alone.

SandyWH

#Delicious
Used to let anyone swing my sticks. For years.... But then after a game I picked up both my Freak and JH120 and found cracks. Now, the only guy I'll let swing my bats is best friend because I know he'll replace anything he breaks. Other than that they go back in the bag.

A few guys questioned it when I first started, but that went away quickly, especially when I would help them score their own bats.

There's something about dropping a grand on bats in a single year that will make a guy become very protective of his investments.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate some of these new keep all the bats in a bucket rule during games . Then Joe Shmo with no bat thinks he gets to walk up there and just take his pick of all the nice bats in the bucket . Also people just throw the bats back in the bucket to scratching them all up .

I used to be a let anyone swing mine then I got on a team where it was my good bats and one guy had an old 30 oz Powercell aluminum bat. They would get pissy when I would put the good bats back in my bag when it was cold or we were up over 10 runs. I had to explain to them all the time breaking a bat up by 10 was not worth it. Now I play on teams where everyone brings 3+ bats, we have doubles of most and triples of others, I say it looks pretty intimidating to see like 25 bats sitting in a dugout but it looks more like we don't have a clue what stick to swing and some of the more ave guys usually make the wrong bat choice.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
for the most part, yes...but they are all aware that if it breaks when they use it they owe me some cashola...bats aint cheap, with exceptions of course.............

MyThreeSons16

Extra Hitter
I dont share my bats anymore. this is the first year I havent.

none of my teammates do anymore either. I can totally see why this would be a problem now a days...

unfortunately you may have to educate them on why they cant use the new stamped bats... even still, some might still think you are a huge d bag... They are wrong but what can you do.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Sadly my team swings mine. We aren't allowed to put bats back in the bag after they come out for inspection here..........

Waiting on the day it breaks. Which is why I keep a NIW as a backup at all times to my gamer - that way I personally won't be out a bat to swing if someone else breaks it. Sucks (for me) I know

Mudfrog

Addicted to Softballfans
Most people use my OG Psycho on both of my teams. I'm not real concerned as they are line drive hitters. I highly doubt I'll let many hit my Izzy Psycho once I receive it.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
I let my teammates use my bats and most of my teammates on most of my teams do use my bats because my bats are generally better than any of theirs.

2000_328ci

Extra Hitter
Used the izzy psycho last night. Took three hits with it before putting it back in the bag. I had read that they were hot out of the wrapper but after peeling the plastic off and stepping up to the plate, it was obvious the bat was still a little stiff... had one line drive with it and then two solid hits that made it maybe 3/4 of the way to the fence and were easily caught. Put it away, borrowed myf riends NXT and smashed one.

Going to try and get to a field where I can just toss balls up to myself and hit some against a backstop to break it in a little.

Mudfrog

Addicted to Softballfans
Used the izzy psycho last night. Took three hits with it before putting it back in the bag. I had read that they were hot out of the wrapper but after peeling the plastic off and stepping up to the plate, it was obvious the bat was still a little stiff... had one line drive with it and then two solid hits that made it maybe 3/4 of the way to the fence and were easily caught. Put it away, borrowed myf riends NXT and smashed one.

Going to try and get to a field where I can just toss balls up to myself and hit some against a backstop to break it in a little.

Mine really opened up after 20 hits or so. It's not crazy yet but it sill has under 100 swings.

ashnc78

Addicted to Softballfans
In years past there would be an announcement to the team that if you want to chip in to buy a bat you can but no one would do it and then everyone would just use mine or one of the bats someone else brought. Some of my bats lasted a while but a few didnt last as long as they should have. This year I told the coach to go ahead and add about $10-15 for the team fee for each player up front and then take the extra $ and we could get a team bat that everyone actaully chipped in to get. Had about 14 guys on the team so equalled around $210. I got a good deal on a FU Dawg and the $10-15 per player paid for it so it was designated it as a team bat since everyone chipped in. I personally have a J3A that everyone on the team knows is off limits. Every other bat in the dugout is fair game. like many posts above bats are too expensive to keep buying when teammates do not want to fork out their own money to buy them. Ultimately the decision is up to you though. If you want to be nice and take the risk of the bat breaking then go for it. If you want to protect your investment and put it away after your at bat then go for that too. it is your bat and money being used not theirs.

rejones28

Phat Daddy!
My bats are out so swing away, if one busts while someone else is swinging oh well. The bat is gonna break sooner or later and it when it's time for it to go, it's gonna go, no matter if I am swinging it or not. But if you do swing my bat you better not slam it down, or throw it against a fence or you will get a ear full from me and if it happens again you will get punched in the face and you will have to find someone else's bat to swing.

DodgerSlugger55

Addicted to Softballfans
If they have a job they can buy their own bats. I used to let my team swing my bats to help break them in but not anymore.