Double Headers

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
I play in two leagues and they both have double headers this week. The double header this past sunday we had an hour between games. On Thursday we have back to back games. For me I would have time between games to rehydarte myself.
What has been your experience with double headers. Do you play better the second game or the first one?

bigtisme

Manager
I prefer getting two games in a night. We have a couple leagues set up for one men and one co ed in a night too. Either way I prefer to play twice while i'm out at the park.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I'd rather play back-to-back. Sometimes when I sit for an hour I lose my head of steam. Even when it's hot, just best to keep going and remember to hydrate a little each time you come into dugout if possible.

DSNuts48

Badass
I play in two leagues and they both have double headers this week. The double header this past sunday we had an hour between games. On Thursday we have back to back games. For me I would have time between games to rehydarte myself.
What has been your experience with double headers. Do you play better the second game or the first one?
Play both the same, I hydrate pretty good during each game, and it's always nice to be the away team the second game so I can hydrate more.

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
Most of the time my teams are not hitting that well by the second game. We probably average 20 runs in the first game, and 10 if were lucky in the second.

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
Just be happy you play double headers.. Where I play, they only play one game a night with one double header a season...

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
Why can't you drink during the game?

I can and I do, but its been really hot here lately, so I sweat it out as soon as I go back out on the field. When I have time between games it's just nice to drink beer/water and relax for a little bit.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
if we didn't play dbl headers in my league it wouldn't even be worth going....going for just 1 game sucks

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, double headers are a must... I play a singleheader coed league and needless to say it's terrible and a waste of time. We usually have about a 30 second break in between doubleheaders, but we have limited fields and time to play....

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
Yeah, double headers are a must... I play a singleheader coed league and needless to say it's terrible and a waste of time. We usually have about a 30 second break in between doubleheaders, but we have limited fields and time to play....

The leagues I play in we usually only have two double headers a season.

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
if we didn't play dbl headers in my league it wouldn't even be worth going....going for just 1 game sucks

Yes, you have a point, but the complex is 2 min's from my house.. If I had to drive far, it wouldn't be worth it.. And tonight's our season double header! Whoo Hoo! :cool:

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
I can and I do, but its been really hot here lately, so I sweat it out as soon as I go back out on the field. When I have time between games it's just nice to drink beer/water and relax for a little bit.

So it's not about hydratying but more about DRINKING!!!!! Good to go by the way...

But do like a normal player does and drink Beer and Water during the game :D

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
Yes, you have a point, but the complex is 2 min's from my house.. If I had to drive far, it wouldn't be worth it.. And tonight's our season double header! Whoo Hoo! :cool:

Where I play is only like 10-15 min form my house so playing one game isn't that big of a deal.

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
Just be happy you play double headers.. Where I play, they only play one game a night with one double header a season...

This is what we have this season in one of my leagues. Of course our double header is at 615pm and 915pm. Yay for two hour breaks in league! :rolleyes:

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
I prefer 11 min:D Seriously, though, I'd rather play back to back than have an hour off. A few minutes is G2G, I stiffen up with too much time off, and not the good kind.
I didnt type 10 min to be cute. My league its 10 min on double headers. Mostly because 2x games are usually make ups so they get them in quick. Playoffs/finals, best 2 of 3, are 10 min piss breaks too ;) If my team had to wait an hour in between 4 starters would be obliterated on marijuana and we'd loose. :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Fireman JB

I play double headers in mens and back to back in the way to go... But we have had the 630 - 945 games and that sucks... Co-ed is only one a week but the fields aren't far...

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Our leagues this year have all be set up one game one week and a doubleheader the next. Playing in two leagues we get three games a week which is probably about all we can handle as out of shape as we all are. When it's really hot and we have a double I take three one quart bottles with me, two of Gatorade and one of water. Generally I'll start drinking one of the Gatorades as soon as we get to the fields finishing that one by about the fourth inning of the first game, start on the second one immediately and finish that about the second inning of the second game. Then I'll drink the water to finish out the night. Now in Dallas in August I'd probably have to double that.