Doublewalls and the 52/300 ball

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Throwing it out there for opinions on how Demarini doublewall metals fare with the new ball?

From my experience, the old school doublewalls killed the old 44/375, and the new ball is even mushier at high temps, so I figure I'm set with nonrecert Distance and F2, but I'd like some opinions.

Fire away!

jordanhill27

Secret Weapon
I personally love DeMar doublewalls for ASA, or softer balls.. When it gets really humid, and that ball is crap, I have seen DeMar doublewalls hit better than composites.. There is a Doublewall Distance that has the Juice knob on it. I haven't swung it but the Juice knob is the best knob ever, IMO

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
it's been my experience that the metals FEEL better when the ball is mushy, but i still get as good or better performance(usually the same performance with a bigger sweet spot) when using composites.

i sum it up this way. if you play in a mush ball league only, there's really no point in spending 200bux on a bat when an F-series will give you the same performance for half the price. but if you already have a composite you like, there's really no performance advantage to buying a 'mush ball bat', so you might as well save your money. some ppl find it hard to get passed the crappy feel of a soft composite on a mushy ball though, and it can really mess with your head and therefore your swing. i've proved it to myself, and have no problems swinging with a crap ball, and i know i'm not missing out by using my normal gamer.

though, sometimes it's nice to use the excuse as a justification to own more bats. ie, i'll tell myself the fse is for mush balls, even though i never end up using it, that's the reason i own it :)

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Juice knob what is that Sorry if its a stupid question

the knob on a juice... lol

it matches the 'clutch endcap' design. i could actually see it being really annoying for anybody that uses overlap or drops a pinky, seems like it'd tear through your batting gloves.

for me, using a normal grip, i can't say i notice any difference. only demarini knob that i notice is the geezer, and that's only because it weighs about 5oz's more than the others and is smaller.

jordanhill27

Secret Weapon
Juice knob what is that Sorry if its a stupid question

The knob on a Juice.. I believe the OG Raw Steels, one model of Doublewall Distance, and the Juice have this certain knob..

JuiceKnob.jpg