Drifton, PA labor day weekend bat question

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know if the Demarini "The One" would be a legal bat to use in drifton?? unshaved juiced etc...

Buzz21

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know how a team can get into this tourny!? Do I need a bid like canaan or is it open to any team!?

mgarger19

Starting Player
Any Asa bat is legal. And as far as I know you dont need a bid to get into the tournament. Spots are only held/paid for teams that win a Pa state tournament.

TS73

Addicted to Softballfans
Absolutely legal...Any ASA bat is legal. But be advised at that tournament you are at a disadvantage with a stock ASA bat. Now I believe all should be using legal bats but with what I saw last year from the team from Boston you are at a disadvantage. I swear they were swinging "altered" light sabers. Hopefully they do what they said they were going to do last year and invest in a xray machine.

You don't need a bid Buzz it is open to whoever wants to go!

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
Absolutely legal...Any ASA bat is legal. But be advised at that tournament you are at a disadvantage with a stock ASA bat. Now I believe all should be using legal bats but with what I saw last year from the team from Boston you are at a disadvantage. I swear they were swinging "altered" light sabers. Hopefully they do what they said they were going to do last year and invest in a xray machine.

You don't need a bid Buzz it is open to whoever wants to go!

No doubt, but there were alot of teams swinging bats that were ALOT lighter than they were stickered at, and evenin swinging bats that "used" to be ASA legal but banned now. The umpires even let that go.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea that team "SuperFlash" a two-time champ of that tournament is not invited back and I have been told that all bats will be checked and possibly stamped or x-rayed friday night at the coach's meeting either way I dont care because were from NH and swing legal bats and still finish top 6 or 7 every yr so we cant wait to get there and get over the hump and into the top 3. Bats dont mean anything to us just enjoy playing hard and doing our thing the right way!

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
Its a bowling motion tournament not an open tournament...you wanna pitch open then go the weekend before!

mgarger19

Starting Player
Its a joke because they let the same out of state teams that finish top 5 every year keep coming back. In pa if you finish top 4 in a state tournament they bump you up a class. So teams that are a bowling team have to go to the A tournament and try and hit open pitching. Thats why they only get like 10 teams at A and 40+ at B. This year they are making A an open tourny on 2 fields and a bowling motion tourny on the other 2 fields.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
So labor day weekend is going to be split into A and B? 2 fields open and 2 fields bowling? hows that gonna work with 40+ teams for bowling and 15+ for open all in the same weekend?? Are you sure about this could you clarify this?

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
Its a joke because they let the same out of state teams that finish top 5 every year keep coming back. In pa if you finish top 4 in a state tournament they bump you up a class. So teams that are a bowling team have to go to the A tournament and try and hit open pitching. Thats why they only get like 10 teams at A and 40+ at B. This year they are making A an open tourny on 2 fields and a bowling motion tourny on the other 2 fields.

Are you saying they are doing this all on Labor Day weekend? That's going to be way too many teams/people to handle that complex.

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Still has last year dates: http://drifton.com/nat.htm

August 27-29th "A" MEN'S 10 player M.P. NIT Dave Persing (570) 286-7670 Drifton,Pa
Sept. 3-6th "B" MEN'S 10 player M.P. NIT Bill Robinson (717) 761-4508 Drifton,Pa

mgarger19

Starting Player
No on the A wk end. The wk before labor day. Alot of the local teams complained about being a bowling team and having to play in a sling tournament. So this year they are having it split into 2 tournaments. 2 fields will be open pitching and 2 fields will be modified pitching. Labor day wk end is still the same. A is the only tournament that changed. There was also talk of them trying to force some of the teams that go to B every year and finish top 5 to start moving up to A class so its fair for actual B class teams. If you look at the results for the last 3 years at B there are 6-7 of the same teams in the top 10. Those are the types of teams they want to move up a class to make the A tournament a better tournament.